Caloric goal

Options
I'll make this quick. I lost 11.2 lbs on weight watchers. Gained the confidence to do it n my own. But I am 245, 5'6 and I want to lose 2lbs a week. Now for MFP my caloric goal is 1750. That seems high to me. I usually have 450-500 calories left in a day. Is this number accurate or should I set my own goal?

Replies

• khannickwechanged
    khannickwechanged Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right for you. Your BMR is 1932 and TDEE is 2318. TDEE-20% is 1854, which would have you losing about 1 lb/week. And that's set to sedentary, so if you exercise you would eat back those calories. It's hard to think about eating more when you're trying to lose, but in the long run it's better to lose slowly and by eating in a way you can maintain. The weight is more likely to stay off than if you lost it faster. :)
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    This post http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 helped me. You seem to be on the right track. I'm 5'6 and my goal is 1700. It probably should be higher since I have started exercising more but will wait another week or so before I start upping it.