C-Section Mom Success Stories???

Options
mommy3457
mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
I am a c-section mom. I have lost 30 lbs. since having my baby boy nine months ago. Have you lost your "pouch"? I'd love to hear and see (pics please!) your successes.

Replies

• spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I am losing weight by the pooch is here to stay or at least I hope not. Hope you get some helpful reponses!
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i had a c-section in 2009. I gained 60+lbs with my pregnancy...I am down to 146 as of this morning (I'm 5'8") no pouch or pooch. flat tummy.
  • mommy3457
    Options
    Mine is not too bad lol. :tongue:
  • mommy3457
    Options
    i had a c-section in 2009. I gained 60+lbs with my pregnancy...I am down to 146 as of this morning (I'm 5'8") no pouch or pooch. flat tummy.

Did you lose it as you lost the weight? Congrats!
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on mine. Its much smaller then it was though, as the weight goes down it gets smaller... so gotta keep working away. I would love to see pictures or hear more stories of women that have lost it. Its so hard because I need motivation and you hear so much that it isn't going to happen without a tummy-tuck.
  • Crazyjoe11
    Crazyjoe11 Posts: 83
    Options
    Good to know it's possible to lose that pouch! Still working on mine :-(
  • CathOh
    CathOh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter by c-section 5 years ago now. Before I got pregnant, I was 130 lbs. I gained 55 lbs during my pregnancy, and I linger between 110-112 lbs now. I am 5'4" and very lean. I have a six-pack, but I also have extra skin from my huge pregnancy belly that I will likely always have. It's really only noticeable if I am hovering in a plank position.
  • mommy3457
    Options
    I'm still working on mine. Its much smaller then it was though, as the weight goes down it gets smaller... so gotta keep working away. I would love to see pictures or hear more stories of women that have lost it. Its so hard because I need motivation and you hear so much that it isn't going to happen without a tummy-tuck.

I know, right! Sigh..I hope I won't need one. I couldn't get one right now even if I could afford it because my husband and I plan to have more children.
  • JazzieM123456
    JazzieM123456 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I had a c section in 2008. I'm still in the process of losing weight but the pouch has reduced. I still have flabby skin there but I'm hopeful that it will reduce too.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I had c-sections in 2007 and 2010 and my stomach looks better than it did before kids, but that's because I've busted my *kitten* in the gym (primarily lifting heavy). I gained 50lbs with my first and 35 with my second and lost all of the weight each time, but it took at least 6 months to drop all of it. I do still have a bit of the pooch left, but it doesn't really bother me because it's always covered. I think part of it is scar tissue and there's nothing I can do about that. I have an ab progress pic in my profile so you can see how far I've come in the past year alone.
  • mommy3457
    Options
    I had my daughter by c-section 5 years ago now. Before I got pregnant, I was 130 lbs. I gained 55 lbs during my pregnancy, and I linger between 110-112 lbs now. I am 5'4" and very lean. I have a six-pack, but I also have extra skin from my huge pregnancy belly that I will likely always have. It's really only noticeable if I am hovering in a plank position.

Very encouraging! Do you eat clean or whatever? I'm just asking because I heard you have to eat clean to get rid of it. I hope it's not true.
  • danijohnson
    danijohnson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section with both of my kids. After my daughter in 2002, I lost all the weight but the pouch (though small) never went away completely. I am getting close to goal again since my son, but I gained a lot more weight and waited a lot longer to get serious about losing it and am feeling like it's not going to go away this time! I'd love to hear if anyone has had multiple c-sections and found a way to lose it without surgery.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options

I know, right! Sigh..I hope I won't need one. I couldn't get one right now even if I could afford it because my husband and I plan to have more children.

That is why I wont even think about it, at least not yet. I plan on having more kids but also I'm going to give it 110% before decided that I do need a tummy-tuck. I think if I lost more weight that it wouldn't look as bad. Who know in the future though.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I had my first c-section in 2001 and my 2nd in 2005 and have managed to lose the pouch in the past 2 years.

twoyeardifference-1.jpg
  • mommy3457
    Options
    I had my first c-section in 2001 and my 2nd in 2005 and have managed to lose the pouch in the past 2 years.

twoyeardifference-1.jpg

You look fantastic!
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ive had two of them, 10 years apart. I have what I call my "purse"! There's no amount of exercise that will make that skin go away. It's all luck of the draw with the genetics and elasticity of the skin.
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My parents think mine will never go away and some days I think the same.
    BUT mine has gone down too. as the weight goes down so does my flab lol

I had a csec in 07 and another in 10' so yeah
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    If that is the first place you gain weight...then it will probably be the last place you lose. I have 10 more pounds to lose (lost 90) and I still haven't lost the pooch. But...I always had one...so part of it might be genetics.

ETA: This is also after 7 C-sections.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

image removed

You look fantastic!

thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!