If I can you can - With pics

Options
Beckyloo80
Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
So, I started my weight loss journey.... no not a journey..... life style change, 2 years ago this week. This was the picture that changed my life.....

Tke8Wm2.jpg

I was 29 in this picture, 183 Lbs and a size 13

As I stand next to my 2 slim and gorgeous sisters, I realized how unhealthy I truly was. Type 2 Diabetes runs in my family on my mother's side, both her mom and my mom have it. Both are very unhealthy and do not take care of themselves. I am terrified, absolutely terrified, of going down that path. I knew that I needed to do something now in order to help prevent my future from following down the same unhealthy and lazy path as my family. Now I am not saying that because I have gotten healthy, changed my eating habits and lost weight, that I am fully immune to type 2 diabetes and other illnesses, what I am saying is that if I can do what I can to minimize my chances of getting it, why wouldn't I..... Why wouldn't anyone?????

Now I have never been active. I have had things happen in my life that HAD made me use food as a stress reliever. I was lazy, I'd rather sleep, watch TV, anything that didn't involve fitness. The lazier I got, the more stress I felt and the more and more I ate. And I hit my highest weight (not pregnant) at 183 Lbs. I felt disgusting, I felt like my husband deserved better and my kids. I felt so worthless. After seeing the above picture, I decided enough was enough and only I could change my outcome. Only I could make my own happiness (outside of my kids and my husband) and only I could push myself to be a better person.

At first I started alone. Going to the gym 3 days a week. A few weeks in, my best friend wanted to join me, so she hit the gym with me. This, I believe, was the thing I needed. Someone to do it with me and motivate and push me and me to her. We started together 2 days a week, then we upped it to 3, then to 5, BUT I refused to count any sort of calories at this point. I was eating healthier, but I did not want to be that person who had to count calories and stuff. Nope, never, not going to be me......... So shocker that 7 months in, I had only lost 26 Lbs...........So Feb 2012, I started tracking my intake. I bought a food scale and weighed everything (and still do to this day). I saw the weight starting to come off, little by little, and my body start to transform, and I liked it!!!!!! I started with 1200 Calories a day, then once I plateaued, I upped it 1350, then to 1500, 1750 and finally 1900.... and now back down to 1750 as 1900 is too much for me. My body love me and I love eating, so it's all good.

My friend and I got tired of the gym around Nov 2012, and decided to do Insanity. We completed that program at the end of January 2013. Although i did only lose a pound, I lost 11 inches and 5% body fat. After that, I tried Brazilian Butt lift... and let me tell you, save your money..... Don't even bother... waste of time and money. From there, I did some TurboFire, then Insanity Asylum am just currently finishing up ChaLean Extreme (which I LOVED :heart: )

And here are some pictures for you......

These are my Day 1 (May 6 2013) of ChaLean Extreme to Completion (July 24 2013)

inbIvYC.jpg

jMXYCaf.jpg

2sUA18x.jpg

Now I only lost about .6 of a pound the whole 12 weeks, but as you can see, I shrunk, so I lost inches, which I have yet to take. Whoever tells you that lifting makes you bulky.... don't listen to them. I am proof that lifting makes you lean... not bulky!

And now.... for one of the proudest moments in my life...... my before and after pics. Before taken Feb 27 2012 at 163 Lbs (after my initial 26 Lbs weight loss) and after taken July 24 2013 - total loss to date.... 45.8 Lbs.

YjJ08A6.jpg

Z5QofqG.jpg

Before - 163 Lbs - Size 12
After - 138 Lbs - Size 5

So, let me say this. If I can do it, I know you can do it!!!!!

What have I gained from losing weight and getting healthy? So many things. I have gained my health, I have gained happiness, I have gained self confidence and a better marriage, happier and healthier kids and I now feel like I can do anything! I have pushed myself to the brink of breaking and came out unscathed. Don't be scared to push yourself, don't be afraid of lifting weights and eating healthy. Don't hold back on being the best person you can be, you only get one chance at life, why not live it happy and healthy????

and to end, here are some of my most favorite quotes that really helped inspire me - thank you Zig Ziglar:

:heart: You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
:heart: If you want to reach a goal, you must "see the reaching" in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.
:heart: Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.
:heart: People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.
:heart: Remember that failure is an event, not a person.

If this post helps make at least 1 person realize that these goals are attainable, then I've won. Stick with it, make small goals and stick to them. You can't change yourself overnight. Just over time, and believe me, it's well worth it!

Have a great day! :wink:

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!! i just finished clx as well you got awesome results... keep up the great work!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yay! Love it! Congratulations
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !!!! I want to try this nxt!!!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Chick....you are awesome!!!!!

Amazing results.
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Your progress is amazing and inspiring. I enjoy watching you consistently work hard...your success is not surprising.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep going strong!
  • costafortune
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your complete transformation: mind, body & spirit. These threads help to keep me motivated. :flowerforyou:
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging post! Thanks!!!
  • itsanatalia
    itsanatalia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!
  • RachelGraceReed83
    RachelGraceReed83 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Looking good!! WTG!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Well done - great work.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is AMAZING lady! I just received my Chalean package in the mail, going to start tomorrow ;)!! I'll remember your story next time I feel like skipping out on a workout or grabbing a junky snack after a day of hard work and good eating!
  • freeme123
    freeme123 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just signed up and this is the first story I saw.....great motivator.....congrats!
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You look so much healthier - and younger!! Well done hunny, and thanks for the quotes - love "Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street" :flowerforyou:
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, and amazing post.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Amazing - great dedication!! Congrats on your loss!!!
  • elliejellie333
    Options
    Amazing!!! You're a true inspiration to everyone. Well done :)
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    YOu look awesome!!! Great job and way to stick to it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!