Introducing myself

Options
Hello everyone! I'm not exactly new here, but I've never been super active and haven't posted in the forums yet. I read the forums a few times a week, mostly reading the Success Stories for motivation.

I'm 29, a housewife, 5'1", and currently weigh 231. My highest weight was 268, in the fall of 2010. I've been making very slow changes since then, but not enough for any major weight loss. Last June my husband some health issues, and I started taking making healthy changes seriously. I also cleaned up our diet quite a bit. On August 14, 2012 I discovered a website called Blogilates and decided to try some of the workout videos. Since then, exercise has become a regular part of my life. In June, I went from exercising 2 to 3 days a week to working out 5 to 6 days a week. I've realized that most my portion sizes are my biggest hurdle at this point, so I plan to buy a food scale and start eating 1500 calories a day in August. I also plan to start the Couch to 5k program.

I'm going to be tracking my progress on MFP, and possibly participating in the forums. I know I can do this!

Replies

• NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've only been here a week but am a die hard MFP fan. Find a group of friends and then work the program with them. There's a lot of angry people in the community message boards and that can be distracting. I use the iphone app and that only lets me see the posts my friends (all positive people) make. Good luck!