Sunglasses Good For Running

Options
Anyone have any recommendation for sunglasses that are good for runners? I'm looking for some that aren't going to fog up and aren't a million dollars.

Replies

• pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I use Smith Parallel Max for both running and cycling.

They only fog up if it's humid out and I stop or walk. As long as I'm moving at a moderate pace, they stay clear.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    The best I have had are Tifosi.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Oakleys are pretty good.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

+1

I love mine!
  • sr_erick
    sr_erick Posts: 25
    Options
    I've been using a pair of the original Oakley Halfjacket's for about seven years now. They stay on my face well, never fog, work extremely well. Yes, a good pair of sunglasses are going to be expensive, but they are completely worth it. Not only do you respect them more and take better care of them, but they actually work better and are more durable.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Pretty much most are all made by the same company. Oakley, ray-ban, dolce, all the same.
    Check out cycling glasses or motorcycle glasses. They are anti-fog.
  • paulethington
    paulethington Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sweat so heavily that the sunglasses become covered with salt crystals. Sweat so heavily that sunblock goes everywhere but where you want it. I believe that you need to become acclimated to whereever you are and that people spend entirely too much time in air conditioned cars and building. I may be crazy, but I go for it. P.S. My dog jumps at the chance to run in 100 degree weather (he cools off in the river):tongue:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I've never really had an issue wiht my sunglasses fogging up. I just use cheapies for my running and save my nice ones for times I'm not all sweaty. Now, my sweat does take it's effect on the ear pieces, but since they cost all of $10, I'm not worried about it. I've been using the same pair for the two summers now and will proabbly retire them before next year.

Those Trifosi are reasonably priced though so maybe i'll put some on my Christmas list!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    In my profile picture I'm wearing a pair of RayBans (I have no idea of the model name) that I love for running (it's mostly the way they fit - snug enough that they don't move but not too snug) but they do fog up in cooler weather, then I use a cheap pair of cycling sunglasses that I use almost all the rime for riding - they may fog up a little when I'm stopped but stay clear when I'm running & clear up almost instantly when I start moving on the bike again.
  • run_shayna_run
    Options

I've seen a lot of good reviews on these. I might check them out.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I wear a pair of Nike Tailwinds that I picked up at Costco for $30. They work as advertised -- don't fog up, don't slip (even with profuse sweat), and are great for blocking the strong California sun.
  • paulethington
    paulethington Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    can't wear any type of glasses while running. loose, they fall off. Hold them on and they get covered with salt crystals from sweating. Same thing happens when hiking. I only take them along for when I am at rest. Good luck in your search:love:
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any recommendation for sunglasses that are good for runners? I'm looking for some that aren't going to fog up and aren't a million dollars.

I have a set of Madison glasses that I bought in a bike shop. They cost me about £40 and have interchangeable amber and clear lenses. The only time I've had issues is when it's very wet and I've taken them off and onto my head, then they mist up when I bring them back down again. That's a function of the rain, rather than the glasses.

I also have a par of Oakly M-Frames that I've had for years, and a set of ISS Ice, but they are military issue that I got for an operation in Afghanistan. They're quite expensive though, but a worthwhile investment. I use them cycling and they deal with the crudd off the road very well.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    not suggesting I'm sure someone will say there are better ones, but I use Oakley M Frame, I can't remember the lens name, but I'm going to upgrade the lens with some with vents. but so far it's been ok with out vents. at 80 bucks a pop for lens' I'm going to use these until It starts fogging up.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

+1

I love mine!

I just bought a pair and I love them! I wore them on a 12-mile run and didn't think about them once the whole time. Much more affordable than Oakleys.