If you feel like you're ready to give up, please read this.

Options

Replies

• prettykitty1963
    prettykitty1963 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your posting is perfect timing for me as well....thank you!!!!!! I am so glad I read it:smile:
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Proud of you, for your positive mindset and realisations, and the courage to get back on track!
  • ReginaM49
    ReginaM49 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great timing! I've hit a plateau in the last month or so. This was the encouragement I needed. Thank you!
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks for this post!

I fell off the wagon last week and didn't log in for 3 days. I was seriously considering never logging back on because I was embarrassed. I wasn't working out and I was eating crap everyday. Then one person messaged me with just one question. "Are you giving up already?" I felt so much shame because I knew where I was heading. MFP is NOT the first site I have signed up for to try to lose weight. And after a failure, I just give up... then days, weeks, months later, I'd kick myself for giving up. "Oh if only I had kept going in January, in March, In May", etc, until it's January again. It's a vicious cycle. So I did what I would never have done in the past. I came back. And confessed my failure. And I felt so much better and more motivated than ever.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This is great!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,296 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Great post!
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bumping, more people should read :flowerforyou:
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's great to have you as a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this this morning, thank you!!
  • rjd9266
    rjd9266 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm keeping this for when I start back at school this fall and start complaining again about how impossible it is to be healthy on campus!! Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great post! When I see someone who says they're "giving up" I always wonder what that means to them. It feels SO GOOD to me to be eating well that I could never go back to who I was before I cleaned up my act.

I have FINALLY reached the point in my life where Nothing, not even the previously beloved Hershey Bars, could lure me back.

LOVE YOURSELF-LIVE HEALTHY!
  • InvisoningMe
    InvisoningMe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed this morning.. to get over the last bit blues !
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well put. Thank you!
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    Wasn't about to give up, but it is still good to read motivating stories now and then for a recharge. Nice post.
  • NOLA19
    NOLA19 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Just the thing I needed to read this morning
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Great post! When I see someone who says they're "giving up" I always wonder what that means to them. It feels SO GOOD to me to be eating well that I could never go back to who I was before I cleaned up my act.

I have FINALLY reached the point in my life where Nothing, not even the previously beloved Hershey Bars, could lure me back.

LOVE YOURSELF-LIVE HEALTHY!

You are awesome! I haven't reached that point yet where nothing can lure me into bad habits... but one day, I really hope to get to that place where certain foods are no longer binge triggers for me, but simply food that I can choose to enjoy or just as happily choose not to. :smile:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post!

I fell off the wagon last week and didn't log in for 3 days. I was seriously considering never logging back on because I was embarrassed. I wasn't working out and I was eating crap everyday. Then one person messaged me with just one question. "Are you giving up already?" I felt so much shame because I knew where I was heading. MFP is NOT the first site I have signed up for to try to lose weight. And after a failure, I just give up... then days, weeks, months later, I'd kick myself for giving up. "Oh if only I had kept going in January, in March, In May", etc, until it's January again. It's a vicious cycle. So I did what I would never have done in the past. I came back. And confessed my failure. And I felt so much better and more motivated than ever.

I first joined MFP in the spring of 2011, but it took me a year and a half to finally get serious about it. And I "tried" to lose weight just about every summer before that as a college student and teenager, but as soon as things got difficult (i.e. as soon as I passed the 2 or 3-day mark) I'd dismiss it as "too hard" and just go back to my old ways. I have come too far to do that again, and so have you! We shouldn't feel shame for having bumps in the road, because as long as we know we're NOT giving up on ourselves we have nothing to be ashamed of in the long run! :smile:
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump