...MFP Suddenly switching to German?

Options
AmykinsCatfood
AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
lol I logged in this morning to "amyuniversal hat sich 185 Tage lang hintereinander angemeldet!"

Which as far as I can figure says "amyuniversal has located 185 days in a row logged in!" so, not even their translation is completely correct. Guess they're reminding me of my heritage :)

Replies

• More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The world collectively decided to adopt German as the official language. It's been all over the news.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Ja!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Richtig? Das ist sehr komisch. Ich habe nichts bemerkt!!!
  • Kirsten2304
    Kirsten2304 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The German sentence is correct. :) My MFP is still in English though. :)
  • maisid
    maisid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It doesn't say located, only that you have logged in for 185 days. Do not use google translation to translate, that's when you end up with weird translations as the one you ended up with.. :P
    BTW congratulations on your 185 days..

Are you logging in from Germany? Maybe your phone has located you within Germany and wanted to make things easier for you by using German :D
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Sounds intense, Stay safe OP. thanks for the 5 star thread.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Ich liebe Deutschland.
  • cdmarie
    cdmarie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just got that this morning with 465 as my number. Completely threw me. I guess MFP hasn't figured this out yet? LOL Have a great day, and keep up your great work! :happy:
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    Maybe it's a message from Hans and Franz! Congratulating you and promising to pump you up!
    Ja!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It doesn't say located, only that you have logged in for 185 days. Do not use google translation to translate, that's when you end up with weird translations as the one you ended up with.. :P
    BTW congratulations on your 185 days..

Are you logging in from Germany? Maybe your phone has located you within Germany and wanted to make things easier for you by using German :D

I'm a language teacher, I am always telling the kids not to use google translate! In German, the past participle goes to the end of a sentence. I teach French, but do know some German.

Dd you accidentally change your country in the settings or something? I've noticed that people on my friends list who live in Portugal/Germany etc have their info come up in that language, whereas before it was in English all the time.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    ScheiBe
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    We will all be built to last a 1000 years.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    kindergarten, zeitgeist, Das Auto, Guten Morgan..thats all the german i know
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

can't be... wanderlust? ))
  • sam308lbs
    Options

can't be... wanderlust? ))
    oops yes! i have to watch that movie too
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    so you watched this one already, i see

7va9.jpg
  • sam308lbs
    Options
    37858995.jpg
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Something very similar happened to me a few weeks ago - i logged in and it had suddenly switched to Portuguese!
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I see ads in Spanish all the time on MFP
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The world collectively decided to adopt German as the official language. It's been all over the news.

That explains it. I couldn't understand what they were saying.