Completely lost it yesterday with pizza.

Options
NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
Went to a pizza restaurant. Ordered 2 "individual" pizzas (for me and DH). One with burata and prosciutto
pic-17.jpg
and one deep fried one with cheese and sause:
pic-07.jpg

Tore into it like a hungry wolf with 0 self control. Did not even care about fork and knife or what I looked like.

It was like I was starving. And I should not be. I ate a healthy 500 cal breakfast and 500 cal lunch and some fruit. I pretty much consume 1,500 (minimum) to 2,200 (on good workout days) calories per day and I should not feel that way.

But I was ravenous when this simple carb fresh dough fest landed on my table.

I do eat bread, but in very low quantities. This was out of control. If there was more pizzas in front of me, I would have continued to eat. I probably ate more than half of those 2 pizzas. No idea of the calories.

I don't know why a craving of that proportion would even happen. I eat a pretty balanced diet.

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Just don't repeat it soon.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Just don't repeat it soon.

I do fine at home, but when i go out, that is another story.
    And I am going on a trip soon. Means 2 weeks of going out. I am a bit concerned.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would just have to avoid that place :X that looks like a hand free formed pizza... and burrata and prosciutto --forget it id eat the whole thing :(
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Carbs + fat + salt = gobble gobble. Pretty normal. Maybe try for more protein to help with appetite.
  • rvrussell
    rvrussell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That looks so delicious. I also have a problem with pizza. I can't stop once I start, so I don't let myself have a single bite.
  • KY2022runner
    KY2022runner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    good lord. look at that pizza. I have been licking my screen fior the last 5 minutes.
  • grhl
    grhl Posts: 1
    Options
    Not eating one bite--that's the best advice--thanks.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options

Welcome to the land of binge, where depriving yourself leads to yo-yo weight gain and misery, otherwise known as the life many of us used to lead.

Me, I say go for it and just make up some calories in the come days. Life happens.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    good lord. look at that pizza. I have been licking my screen fior the last 5 minutes.

haha
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

Ugh.

OP, that pizza looks so amazing. I hope you enjoyed every delicious bite. There's a difference between binging on junk, and enjoying some amazing, quality eats. Move forward. Pizza will be part of your life, and it's a good part of it ;) You know not to eat it every day, and guilt today is worthless.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with Lay's potato chips and French onion dip. Cannot keep in the house or they. will. ALL. be. gone. In about 45 seconds flat. I did imbibe this Tuesday but woke up the next day and just started over. I'm trying not to beat myself up and instead trying to learn the "trigger" foods/moods/what have you. I tell myself that as long as I don't do this too often that it won't totally derail my progress. Don't beat yourself up - it happens.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I wish I could smell this thread. MMMMMMMM. Real wood-fired Neapolitan pizza.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Burrata and prosciutto pizza is so good. But what is this deep fried pizza business? Still looks good.
    It sounds like you'd gone too long without some delicious pizza in your life and needed to replenish your stores. I hope you enjoyed every minute of eating them.
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with Lay's potato chips and French onion dip. Cannot keep in the house or they. will. ALL. be. gone. In about 45 seconds flat. I did imbibe this Tuesday but woke up the next day and just started over. I'm trying not to beat myself up and instead trying to learn the "trigger" foods/moods/what have you. I tell myself that as long as I don't do this too often that it won't totally derail my progress. Don't beat yourself up - it happens.

Chips and french onion dip are a binge trigger item for me too. Tastes so good, but feels so awful when you realize you turned into an eating machine and the whole large bag of chips and whole container of dip are empty. I'm okay with portion control if it's just the potato chips, but something about adding the dip makes me lose my rational mind. Haven't bought french onion dip in a long time because of this (and because the ingredient list scares me - propylene glycol? eww, i don't want to eat petroleum byproducts!)

Strangely enough, i've come across a snack food recently that 100% satisfies my french onion craving. Seasnax 'Toasty Onion' flavour. I discovered this by accident, because i already enjoy plain sea salt seaweed snacks, and was curious to try a different flavour. So yummy, and only 42 calories if you lose control and eat the whole bag! ;)
  • wsuduce
    wsuduce Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    MMMMMmmmm pizza. It kills me every time. OH well, I rarely regret it, so goooood!
  • Danette73
    Danette73 Posts: 76
    Options

BAWWWHAHAHHAHAHA
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options

THIS. LOL
  • patk613
    patk613 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Every 2 to 3 weeks I decided that I was going to "go off my diet" with 1 meal & eat all I want and anything I want. This way it helps me to stay more focused the rest of the time on keeping within my calorie count for the day. Just knowing that I will have 1 meal in the near future where I splurge makes it easier for me during this time & when I have my "off my diet meal" I get fuller much quicker & don't eat nearly as much as I used to. Good Luck!
  • dayhadley
    dayhadley Posts: 46
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too much. When we tend to eat a healthy diet - we are forgetting to allow ourselves a special treat every now and then. If you exercise and eat right most of the time, why don't you try giving yourself a once-or twice-a-month special treat for job well done. Won't kill ya... ENJOY!