Completely lost it yesterday with pizza.

Options
2»

Replies

• believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I really want pizza now.
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Amen to Pizza and chips/dips being a down fall. I don't buy dip anymore either.

I try to plan for my pizza days if at all possible and get veggie pizza instead of all meat.
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not eating one bite--that's the best advice--thanks.

Nope, not the best advice. Eat what you want every once in a while and workout harder that day or the next to counteract it. You have to treat yourself sometimes. I bet that pizza was as good as it looks :)
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    those pizza's look so good!!! I hope you enjoyed them. It is good to indulge once in a while, life happens live in the moment. plus pizza is so awesome. :) lol
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    Food is amazing. Chefs create beautiful things for us to enjoy. Don't deprive yourself of this fantastic deliciousness! Passion, food, wine, they are meant to be enjoyed. You know how to eat most of the time, so those great meals that sneak up on you have to be part of life, unless you're one of 'them', those who look at food as strictly fuel. ugggh (I regret the 2 slices of non great Round Table pizza that I ate when handed to me last week. That is not pizza of the gods. Yours, however, divine!)
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with Lay's potato chips and French onion dip. Cannot keep in the house or they. will. ALL. be. gone. In about 45 seconds flat. I did imbibe this Tuesday but woke up the next day and just started over. I'm trying not to beat myself up and instead trying to learn the "trigger" foods/moods/what have you. I tell myself that as long as I don't do this too often that it won't totally derail my progress. Don't beat yourself up - it happens.

Chips and french onion dip are a binge trigger item for me too. Tastes so good, but feels so awful when you realize you turned into an eating machine and the whole large bag of chips and whole container of dip are empty. I'm okay with portion control if it's just the potato chips, but something about adding the dip makes me lose my rational mind. Haven't bought french onion dip in a long time because of this (and because the ingredient list scares me - propylene glycol? eww, i don't want to eat petroleum byproducts!)

Strangely enough, i've come across a snack food recently that 100% satisfies my french onion craving. Seasnax 'Toasty Onion' flavour. I discovered this by accident, because i already enjoy plain sea salt seaweed snacks, and was curious to try a different flavour. So yummy, and only 42 calories if you lose control and eat the whole bag! ;)

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have to see if I can find those!