Feeling depressed - need support

Options
I had a really big fight with my husband this morning before leaving for work. It was over something really stupid and got escalated way out of proportion and I said some really mean and hurtful things to him. I did apologize and we made up before I left for work, but I've been feeling terrible since. I'm really upset and just want to lock myself in a room and cry. It's almost lunch time now and I am worried that I will end up bingeing and overeat...

Replies

• RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Pretty harsh morning sounds like, I hope things work out with your situation. If you think you may binge on a bunch of food I would prob just stay away from it!

I hope your day gets better though
  • mmouse90
    mmouse90 Posts: 83
    Options
    We all have bad days and bad mornings. You made up and said you were sorry. You realize you didn't like how you acted so take it as a lesson learned and waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Don't overeat, just take some deep breaths and relax and tell yourself you will not overeat because you will feel better about yourself if you control your eating while upset
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Be happy that you made up and that means being extra "good" and staying your course. Don't punish yourself by binging, since it's over and you made amends. Maybe a "new beginning?"
  • jnninn
    jnninn Posts: 34
    Options
    Binging is only a temporary "solution" to how you feel. It will keep you further from your goals, youll be mad at yourself and have more excuses to binge. DONT DO IT! Also, if you are eating less, not indulging in sugar and working out more, its going to make you over sensitive and irritable sometimes. Its also going to make you more in touch with your feelings because you arent pushing down your feelings with food. If you are upset about what you said to your husband, then call or text him and tell him again you are really sorry about today. Tell him you didnt mean what you said and that you would like to make it up to him.
  • kharbaugh29
    kharbaugh29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Take a walk at lunch (if you can) to clear your head or to reflect on how good you will feel to not give in to the comfort foods. Think about how proud you will be if you don't give in. And, because you added a little activity to your day that you were not anticipating, you can have a little treat or bite of whatever it is that you are craving. My guess is that the walk will break the cycle you are in of analyzing your fight. AND if you get an opportunity, call him and tell him you love him. Don't rehash the arguement, just let him know that you are thinking about him. It may help you get over your anxiousness over what happened this morning.
    If your husband is anything like mine, he forgot about the fight already. You are probably the only one thinking about it.
  • bhavnoor
    bhavnoor Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions. I had already emailed him when I reached my office, but I just sent him a text too. You're right - it's probably just me over thinking it. He's a wonderful person and I'll make it up to him when I get home.
  • bunson123
    bunson123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How about a nice stroll at lunchtime to clear your head and get back your motivation and willpower? Easy to let life get in the way of your goals
  • Heavybetty
    Heavybetty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How about a nice stroll at lunchtime to clear your head and get back your motivation and willpower? Easy to let life get in the way of your goals

Good idea ^^^^^