Bummer First Month

Options
So, I only lost 13lbs my first month. For how bad "30 Day Shred" kicked my *kitten* and how much I toned down my alcohol intake, I was hoping to see a larger improvement. On a plus side, I did go down one (sometimes two) in jean size. Today I'm going to start re-doing the "Shred" and mixing in a little "Biggest Loser: Cardio Max". Hopefully the extra cardio will bring my heartrate up more. Any times would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• CelticWarrior
    Options
    You most likely was building muscle , so your weight lose may appear to not be as much as u like. At least that's what many people say here. lol
  • jenniferkaye09
    Options
    congrats on going down jean sizes I cant wait to see improvements like that :]
  • decemberg
    Options
    13lbs in a month is awesome! That is over 3lbs a week! You should be extremely happy!
  • Sherylp77
    Sherylp77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    13 lbs in a month is amazing! most people only lose 1-2 lbs per week or 8 lbs a month! Keep up the great work but, don't be discouraged if that number falls next month!!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    "only" 13? how much did you expect to lose? the healthy range is about 1-2 lbs of week which means any where from 5-10 lbs for the month, and one pant size is about average for a month also...

and then with building muscles you may see more inch loss then weight loss at times.

I think you need to be happy about where you started, and not expect this large of a loss as you continue on. many lose big in the first few weeks, water weight, adjusting to the program etc,,, then it tapers off to a more realistic level...

13 is fantastic, be happy about it :)
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    13 pounds is a GREAT first month. CardioMax is my favorite workout DVD - that, and BL's Boot Camp. Keep it up!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    13 pouinds in one month is awesome!! thats more than normal (recommended). be proud not bummed!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You are crazy girl! 13 lbs in one month is HUGE! Pat yourself on the back and move on. You are doinging FANTASTIC!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    "only" 13? how much did you expect to lose? the healthy range is about 1-2 lbs of week which means any where from 5-10 lbs for the month, and one pant size is about average for a month also...

and then with building muscles you may see more inch loss then weight loss at times.

I think you need to be happy about where you started, and not expect this large of a loss as you continue on. many lose big in the first few weeks, water weight, adjusting to the program etc,,, then it tapers off to a more realistic level...

13 is fantastic, be happy about it :)
    YES just what I was going to say!!!! 13 lbs is FANTASTIC!!! And going douwn 2 pant sizes...Your post should be titled "AWESOME FIRST MONTH" in my opinion...
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    13lbs is amazing for one month!!!! I am only aiming for 5/6lbs per month, and have lost 12lbs since the end of June. Be proud of yourself, this is not a bummer - its a huge celebration!!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I pray for 8 lbs the first month ... 13 would be GREAT LOL. Also keep in mind what other posters said about working out and weight loss / "gain" ... it can be deceiving :wink:
  • MikkiJoy
    Options
    Hey, thanks everyone! It just feels like the last time I lost weight (before moving and gaining it plus some back) it was natural and easy for me. This seems to be more challenging and I guess I was selfish for not expecting it. On a brighter note, my boyfriend is flying in tomorrow night! He's on leave in the army....I've never been more excited and nervous at the same time. These crazy mixed emotions have me wanting to eat everything in sight!