Zumba

Options
Well my friend has invited me to go to Zumba tonight and it will be my first time. She said its really fun, but I wondering about how many calories you will burn since im a beginner???

Replies

• louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 158pounds and doing Zumba for 50mins burns approx 300-350 on me.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I burn right around 400 - but am a few lbs heavier than previous poster. I love Zumba! It is quite a workout. First day is hard but keep going back as it gets better.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Every class is different depending on the instructor's style. I am at 161lbs and according to my HRM, I always burn close to 600 cals or more in an hour. One night we worked really hard and I burned over 900 cals. The more you put into it the more you will get out of it. Just let loose and have fun!
  • elloradannon
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing. I usually enter mine as "fast ballroom dancing" because my instructor is not super-intense like ones I've had in the past. It calculates 354 for an hour (I weigh 146 lbs) so that sounds about right to me
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I just went to a class on Tuesday. I wore my heart rate monitor watch and burnt 600 in 45 min. I recommend a heart rate monitor to anyone who works out I LOVE mine it doesnt have a chest strap or anything. It was like 30 or 40 bucks off amazon. (mio shape is the brand i believe)
  • jenniferkaye09
    Options
    thank yall soooo much i really appreciate it :smile:
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It depends on the instructor and the music she/he plays, plus your energy level. I have burned between 300-500 in 30-45 minutes per my HRM. It's a great work out!