Tips & Tricks

Options
2»

Replies

• meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Nothing too revolutionary but here are the things that have finally helped me this time:

Logging everything, good and bad
    Not cutting anything out - everything in moderation
    Bringing lunch to work
    Being active on mfp - supporting friends and getting support in return
    Keeping a huge bottle of water at my desk
    Focusing on being healthy and keeping up with all this, rather than the numbers
    Not falling for the gimmicks - I eat what I want within my calories, no trick foods, no I don't eat after X time, no cleanses etc. calories in v calories out.
    Looking at this as a lifestyle rather than a quick fix - my lifestyle includes eating out, drinking occasionally, vacations etc. I figure out a way to work mfp into all that, and if I can't, oh well, tomorrow is another day.
    More good advice.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Any tips and tricks to how you lost/ are losing the weight?

I have no motivation this go round.

My only tip is diet green tea. It really helped boost my metabolism and speed up my weight loss. Love what it does for my body.
    my "tip" and "tricks" are that there ARE no tricks. it's a lot of comittment, hard work, patience. I am not looking for tricks. I am happy with the slow process, as long as I know I'm going in the right dierection.
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes eat ice cream!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Find ways to be active that you enjoy for sustainability. I've faltered in the past because I hate cardio and thought that was what one was supposed to do to lose weight. Finding strength training has been great for me- I look forward to it and enjoy it, not that it isn't hard and frustrating sometimes.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    - Whatever changes I make need to be sustainable because...
    - I'm not on "a diet". My diet is what I eat on a daily basis, and that's getting better - healthier selections in more reasonable portions leading to less calories.
    - Keep logging my food intake - and be honest about it. If nothing else, it keeps me mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth.
    - Eat cleaner. I'm not a "clean" eater by any means, but I've made some small changes that has me eating less processed foods.
    - Whenever I want to flake out on exercising, "Just put the shoes on". Once I get into my workout clothes I'm usually fine.
    - Don't go more than 2 days in a row without some sort of intentional exercise.
  • amanduh9911
    amanduh9911 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips and advice everyone =)

I plan to continue to eat healthy and exercise. I lost 60 pounds in 4months before by changing my eating habits and adjusting to a new lifestyle. I kept it off until I got pregnant. I plan to lose it a little slower this time because I think that may have been unhealthy lol. Hope everyone is doing good with their weight loss!
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Calculate your TDEE and follow those suggestions. You are eating way to little especially if you are working out that hard. Good luck!