Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My cutting diet (Please Review)

I'm 6'2, 20lb, 24 years old
I do Insanity, lift weights 5x a week, and work a job where i'm on my feet most the day.

My BMR is 2200

2200x1.6 = 3500

to lose 1lb/wk you have to create a calorie deficit of 500 cal/day

I want to lose 2lb so I have created a calorie deficit of 1000k a day, being 2500 calories.

I have done research and found that a P/C/F 50/30/20 Split is good for cutting, so this is the diet I have come up with.

2465 Calories
335g Protein
191g Carbs
70g Fat

Meal #1
Whey Protein
Banana

Meal #2
6" Subway Club Dbl Meat
Whey Protein

Meal #3
6" Subway Club Dbl Meat

Meal #4
Whole Wheat Bun
Ground Turkey

Meal #5
Whole Wheat Bun
Ground Turkey

Meal #6
8 oz Chicken Breast

Meal #7
Tilapia

I hope it's okay that I chose so much whole wheat bread, I really don't like brown rice, or sweet potatoes.. like at all and they are an inconvenience to cook...

PLEASE! Any comments/advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Replies

• HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Looks really good to me. Your diet is better than 99% of the site's diet if you maintain those macros per day.
  • 220 lbs** not 20 lol
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    If you only have 5 pounds lo lose it is healthier and more realistic to set to lose .5-1 lb/week. This will help to reduce the amount of muscle you lose along with the fat.
  • What makes you think I only have 5lbs to lose?
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Also, I meant to mention with that protein -- GET FIBER. Or at least psyllium husk tablets. You'll thank me later.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    You have little to lose and you expect to lose two pounds per week? Is health any consideration? How about using real food for all meals (natural, minimally processed whey from grassfed cows is not terrible but it's not a replacement for whole food imo)?

20% fat.... WHAT?!! You do know that our body NEEDS fat, right? A low fat diet will impede weight loss imo.

Anyway, I have a lot more to lose than you, even though I've come far, so I guess I have no business commenting. Health has been my primary focus anyway; the weight loss is just a nice side effect. I couldn't have gotten where I am today on a low fat diet. Actually, it's exactly that that destroyed my health in the first place.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    20% fat.... WHAT?!! You do know that our body NEEDS fat, right? A low fat diet will impede weight loss imo.

Lol, too bad your opinion isn't backed by anything stronger to make such a silly statement
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    question, for nutitional balance outside weight loss where are your veggies? It seems a lot of meat and bread.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    I do Insanity, lift weights 5x a week, and work a job where i'm on my feet most the day.

My BMR is 2200

2200x1.6 = 3500

I want to lose 2lb so I have created a calorie deficit of 1000k a day, being 2500 calories.

I have done research and found that a P/C/F 50/30/20 Split is good for cutting, so this is the diet I have come up with.

2465 Calories
    335g Protein
    191g Carbs
    70g Fat

Meal #1
    Whey Protein
    Banana

Meal #2
    6" Subway Club Dbl Meat
    Whey Protein

Meal #3
    6" Subway Club Dbl Meat

Meal #4
    Whole Wheat Bun
    Ground Turkey

Meal #5
    Whole Wheat Bun
    Ground Turkey

Meal #6
    8 oz Chicken Breast

Meal #7
    Tilapia

I hope it's okay that I chose so much whole wheat bread, I really don't like brown rice, or sweet potatoes.. like at all and they are an inconvenience to cook...

PLEASE! Any comments/advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Caloric intake looks reasonable but you may want to START a bit higher and monitor progress and adjust downwards as needed.

If I were in your position with your stats I would start my intake around the following:

220p
    80f
    250c

This assumes you don't have any issue consuming 220g protein. I probably wouldn't go lower than about 180g.

You don't need to eat 6 times per day if you don't want to.
    Your food list looks boring as hell.

Hitting the above targets using mostly nutrient dense foods (and a little junk food here and there if you want) is a reasonable plan. Don't neglect micronutrients (eat fruits and vegetables) and get your fiber in the 25-30g range and you should be good to go.

Don't limit yourself by following a meal plan IMO. Just select mostly whole foods to hit the above numbers, add in a few treats -- see if you can keep to about 80% nutritious foods with a cap around 20% of your calories as discretionary.

Lift hard, monitor progress, adjust calories up or down based on rate of loss.

That's my general commentary anyways.
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member

Lol, too bad your opinion isn't backed by anything stronger to make such a silly statement

That's why it's an opinion, and she stated it as such. No need to be ugly to her by calling her opinion 'silly'.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    What makes you think I only have 5lbs to lose?

Your ticker. And I would listen to SideSteel's advice :smile:
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    What makes you think I only have 5lbs to lose?

blah blah blah...

blah blah blah

Oops, you want to lose 2lb, not 5lb
  • SIDE STEEL! What you said actually makes sense. For god sakes i'm tired of banging my head on the wall. Please add me on facebook dude https://www.facebook.com/michael.bryant.7547031 Im sick of stressing about this.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    For me, I ate just over my BMR and lost weight quickly - 40 pounds in 4 months. But my body type is the type to put on muscle and fat easily (endomorph), so regaining lost muscle has not been as big of a problem as it might be for others. So while I understand the wisdom of eating 2500-2600 calories (to lose fat slowly and avoid muscle loss), I look at that as a LOT of food. Personally I'd rather lose the fat faster and then focus on gaining muscle back. But to each his own!

I agree the diet looks boring - definitely try to mix it up for long-term success. I do 5-6 meals. If I'm eating with the family I "double up" a meal for dinner so I can eat what they're eating (with portion control).
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member

My BMR is 2200

2200x1.6 = 3500

2lbs a week.. Nope.. That is going to be a problem there.. and doing Insanity and lifting weights you are really pushing yourself.. And why don't you make some nice sandwiches instead of wasting your money at subway, I know it is easy, but you can mix it up and eat different foods to achieve your calorie goal.. Plus if you got time, eat a real big breakfast and reduce the number of protein shakes... probably get more calories and higher protein in that way.