Best way to accurately track calories burned/exercise?

Options
I had fitbit for a year and loved it, until my son crushed it! I'm looking for something a little less costly to keep track of my activity. I bought a clip on pedometer, but lost in after it popped off at some point during the day. Any suggestions for an accurate pedometer, that stays on? Or another similar device around $30?

Replies

• ruthrowlett1
    ruthrowlett1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been esearching the same thing!! Everyone says HRM but I was so disappointed when I found out the variation in the machines -vs- the hrm! But I'm not giving up! Everyone different and you have to give it time to find the YOU. Best choice is a HRM!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    None of them are anymore than a tool that will get you an estimate but that being said I would suggest you hold out for a HRM... I have a Polar model FT60 has a few more bell and whistles but for you a FT4 or FT7 would be a good starting point.. My wife just got an FT7 off amazon for 60 bucks and see really likes it.... HRM in my opinion would be better than a pedometer but I guess it just comes down to personal preference.... Best of Luck
  • yobby1969
    yobby1969 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Without anything to monitor my activity level, I have been overestimating my burn. I had a HRM, but the strap was irritating and kept moving around. I think you're right though, I should hold out for the best quality. Ed...312 lbs!! Truly inspirational. You look great!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    After getting unreliable results from my Polar FT4 HRM I looked into and started the TDEE method, you don't count calories from exercise, you eat the same amount everyday regardless of activity. Put simply, it's based on a weekly average rather than a daily burn.