looking for lady and fella giants!

Options
sierra_12
sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
Hi guys! My name is Sierra. Im not new to MFP, I've actually been here for over a year, but I am looking to add some more tall ladies and fellas to my friends list!

I'm tired of most of my friends being under 5'8'' and complaining about how "big" they are when I'm over here thinking "Psh, I WISH I was a size 6 and 130 pounds!"

I am almost 6' 1'', I started at 260 pounds last July, and as of last Friday I am 190 pounds (:

My goal weight, as of now, is 180, but if I reach that and want to go further, I will (: 70 pounds down, and only 10 from my goal weight! (:

My profile is full of pictures, but heres a couple more if you would like to see.
Anyone feel free to add me! (:

1b2e15a5-a37c-4c04-b47d-051213ad6bbf_zps3efe5f52.jpg

230-200collage2_zpsec26ca17.jpg

17ac4ac0-df7b-4074-94a6-e2c382f9bbd7_zps0001d6b7.jpg

Replies

• jensaturday
    Options
    Hey my name is jenn! I have been a member on here off and on for about a year now. my starting weight was 280lbs i'am 5'11 and I get what you mean! I have been judged for how tall aim and how big i was. Iam 170 now I want to lose about 20 more and get more toned! I'm here if you want to talk I know where your coming from! And congrats on your journey of getting healthy! You can do it!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a memeber of said "Giants" club.

I started at 204, and am currently just below 184. I don't know how much smaller I can go and maintain, so, I'm just moving along, eating my food, doing my runs, upping some strength and wanting to keep it all off and welcome more positive changes.

You look fabulous!
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    You all look amazing- congrats!! I'm 5'10 and have 20lbs to go when I get there ill decide whether I will go lower
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of most of my friends being under 5'8'' and complaining about how "big" they are when I'm over here thinking "Psh, I WISH I was a size 6 and 130 pounds!"

I totally hear you. I'm so sick of all my short friends. They represent the Lollipop Guild for sure. 3 cheers for all of the tall people. Are you with me everyone? I'm sorry. I can't hear you way down there. You'll have to speak up.

I'm 6'2" but I don't tell my friends. They'd need a ladder to respond to that.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I totally hear you. I'm so sick of all my short friends. They represent the Lollipop Guild for sure. 3 cheers for all of the tall people. Are you with me everyone? I'm sorry. I can't hear you way down there. You'll have to speak up.

I'm 6'2" but I don't tell my friends. They'd need a ladder to respond to that.

:angry:
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Heightism is rampant around these parts. :grumble:
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i LOVE my short friends, and would kill to look like them! my sister is only 5'2''. its just nice to get to see the goals of people of similar height (:
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am much older at age 52. I try to be active. I went over 200, but you can see from my ticker where I am now and want to be. I am only 60 day on MFP and my new program.

You look great!

All - add me if you like. I was 5'10" at my highest point. :laugh:
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2" and started at 452 lbs. I had previously lost 94 lbs using mfp, but then lost my way and got back up to 452 lbs again. I am now down 10.4 lbs and getting back on track.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am 5 8 1/2. I know how you feel.....Wish I could be 110 but never will happen. Anyway feel free to add me. Congrats on the pics!
  • bsutherland3681
    bsutherland3681 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add Sierra!

I'm in the tall club too! I say I am 5'11", but I am really 6'0". I am a few lbs from what I think is my goal and all my friends keep saying "you don't need to lose anymore weight!" I think because we are tall we carry the weight differently than others. If one of my short friends weighed 190 lbs, they sure wouldn't be saying they didn't need to lose anymore weight. I try not to make my weight loss completely about the number on the scale, but I will admit that it is important to me at least a little bit.
  • celcey
    celcey Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm 6'4, female and I spiked at my heaviest weight in June 2013 - 425lbs. I'm no longer at peace because I "wear it well" because Ive ignored the truth of it...I simply don't look or feel as good as I use to at age 34.
    I am a former athlete and my goal is to get back into shape at my prime weight of 225lbs. As of last Friday, I've committed to do my best and have shed 8lbs in less than a week.
    I really welcome the social support of others over 5'10" tall. Feel free to add :)