Eh..? I'm confused!

Options
Hi community of MFP!

I've been using the app/site since March this year and I'm on the border of my 2 stone mark (Another 6st to go!)

Anyway, I'm confused as on the MFP iPhone app, it always got me to enter in my new weight in lbs and that I could manage.. now, since the app has updated, it now asks for it in stones & lbs... This is where I am confused because;

My current weight is 262lbs (according to my digital scales, which I have used in the same spot since March)... I used the internet to find out that 262lbs = 18st 7.5lbs.. so I updated that onto my diary, and now the progress record shows 18st 7.5lbs = 259lbs... so which should it be??

I'm confused so if any of the community can answer this one for me please?

Stu

Replies

• vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    262lbs is 18.71 stones.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    [img][/img]
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    18 st =252 pounds 18.71 st = 262 pounds. I am guessing that the mfp app probably rounded the st down to 18. It does that when I enter in my pounds. If I put in anything but a whole number is rounds down to the lowest whole number.
  • Senalj
    Senalj Posts: 11
    Options
    14 pounds equal 1 stone. If you divide 262 by 14, you get 18.71 stone. Hopefully, that helps!
  • Jeanette1456
    Options
    262lb is 18st 10lb. Does that help.
  • stutcowie
    stutcowie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I guess that makes sense... I thought I was being a bit slow because I couldn't figure it out..

Though saying that, I've just tested it by putting 18st and its come up with 252 lbs so it picks up that 7 lb difference.. so I'm not sure how it manages to get from 262lbs to 259lbs.. Odd! lol
  • stutcowie
    Options
    Hmmm seems we have a differing of opinion.. Some of you are saying 262 is 18st 10, some are saying 18st 7...

I'm even more confused now :D haha

Maths was never my strong point :D
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Its because if you type in google to convert it it doesnt actually give you stones and pounds. It gives you stones. So 18.71 is 18 stone and 71/100 of a stone (NOT lbs) So 71/100 of a stone is about 10lbs (14 x 0.71)... So 18 st 10lbs... Does that make sense. Sorry if I havent explained too well!

Oh, and I think if you go into settings on the app you can change the measurement of weight back to lbs :)
  • stutcowie
    Options
    Its because if you type in google to convert it it doesnt actually give you stones and pounds. It gives you stones. So 18.71 is 18 stone and 71/100 of a stone (NOT lbs) So 71/100 of a stone is about 10lbs (14 x 0.71)... So 18 st 10lbs... Does that make sense. Sorry if I havent explained too well!

Oh, and I think if you go into settings on the app you can change the measurement of weight back to lbs :)

That does make sense, thanks :) and I've changed the units on the site, but there's nowhere on the iPhone app to change units! Bah! lol
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I use this to convert weights, its the best one I have found and I have looked at alot.

http://www.occupationalhealth.co.uk/WeightConversion.htm
  • stutcowie
    Options
    I use this to convert weights, its the best one I have found and I have looked at alot.

http://www.occupationalhealth.co.uk/WeightConversion.htm

Thats awesome! Thank you :)
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use the android app so might be totally different, but if I go into the menu where I see Home, Diary, Progress, Friends etc, theres a settings option near the bottom. I go in there and then select Fitness Profile and then at the very bottom there Change Units and its in there. This might be totally irrelevant on an iphone though! lol