Eh..? I'm confused!

Hi community of MFP!

I've been using the app/site since March this year and I'm on the border of my 2 stone mark (Another 6st to go!)

Anyway, I'm confused as on the MFP iPhone app, it always got me to enter in my new weight in lbs and that I could manage.. now, since the app has updated, it now asks for it in stones & lbs... This is where I am confused because;

My current weight is 262lbs (according to my digital scales, which I have used in the same spot since March)... I used the internet to find out that 262lbs = 18st 7.5lbs.. so I updated that onto my diary, and now the progress record shows 18st 7.5lbs = 259lbs... so which should it be??

I'm confused so if any of the community can answer this one for me please?

Stu

Replies

• vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    262lbs is 18.71 stones.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    [img][/img]
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    18 st =252 pounds 18.71 st = 262 pounds. I am guessing that the mfp app probably rounded the st down to 18. It does that when I enter in my pounds. If I put in anything but a whole number is rounds down to the lowest whole number.
  • Senalj
    Senalj Posts: 11
    14 pounds equal 1 stone. If you divide 262 by 14, you get 18.71 stone. Hopefully, that helps!
  • 262lb is 18st 10lb. Does that help.
  • stutcowie
    stutcowie Posts: 7 Member
    Ahhhh I guess that makes sense... I thought I was being a bit slow because I couldn't figure it out..

Though saying that, I've just tested it by putting 18st and its come up with 252 lbs so it picks up that 7 lb difference.. so I'm not sure how it manages to get from 262lbs to 259lbs.. Odd! lol
  • stutcowie
    Hmmm seems we have a differing of opinion.. Some of you are saying 262 is 18st 10, some are saying 18st 7...

I'm even more confused now :D haha

Maths was never my strong point :D
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Its because if you type in google to convert it it doesnt actually give you stones and pounds. It gives you stones. So 18.71 is 18 stone and 71/100 of a stone (NOT lbs) So 71/100 of a stone is about 10lbs (14 x 0.71)... So 18 st 10lbs... Does that make sense. Sorry if I havent explained too well!

Oh, and I think if you go into settings on the app you can change the measurement of weight back to lbs :)
  • stutcowie
    Its because if you type in google to convert it it doesnt actually give you stones and pounds. It gives you stones. So 18.71 is 18 stone and 71/100 of a stone (NOT lbs) So 71/100 of a stone is about 10lbs (14 x 0.71)... So 18 st 10lbs... Does that make sense. Sorry if I havent explained too well!

Oh, and I think if you go into settings on the app you can change the measurement of weight back to lbs :)

That does make sense, thanks :) and I've changed the units on the site, but there's nowhere on the iPhone app to change units! Bah! lol
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    I use this to convert weights, its the best one I have found and I have looked at alot.

http://www.occupationalhealth.co.uk/WeightConversion.htm
  • stutcowie
    I use this to convert weights, its the best one I have found and I have looked at alot.

http://www.occupationalhealth.co.uk/WeightConversion.htm

Thats awesome! Thank you :)
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    I use the android app so might be totally different, but if I go into the menu where I see Home, Diary, Progress, Friends etc, theres a settings option near the bottom. I go in there and then select Fitness Profile and then at the very bottom there Change Units and its in there. This might be totally irrelevant on an iphone though! lol