Insecurities

Options
I'm not finished with my journey on losing weight, but after losing 66 pounds, I feel like I look at myself and see a bigger person in the mirror. I don't realize how much smaller I am and some days I feel like I am so afraid to gain weight again because I don't ever want to look like the person I use to be. I have done a good job at maintaining, but how do you handle the insecurity issues?

Replies

• SergeantG
    SergeantG Posts: 92
    Options
    First of all, bravo on losing the weight and maintaining!!!

Second, feeling insecure and afraid about old habits I think is a pretty normal part about becoming a 'differen't person, and by different I mean that in the sense of changing habits and gaining a different perspective on yourself and ultimate goals....

I think, however, that there is somewhat of a risk with these 'fears and insecurities' and it could lead to something more drastic if they start to rule your life and choices...ie: not eating at all because of that fear....of course that is the most extreme.

Surrounding yourself with supportive and positive friends and family is probably the best way to combat these fears. Of course there is always counseling if there is a need for it.
  • lollipop4401
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eozg_-3WCvM

This video could help you... the lady in the video had a slightly different problem then you but, i think you can apply what she says to your personal situation. Sorry if this is irrelevant to you or anything. Good job on losing weight! Good luck!!