Guys & Gals - Asking you to please be honest :)

Options
OK I am now 13lbs away from my own final goal BUT even tho I'm now wearing way smaller sizes :bigsmile: I'm beginning to think maybe I should adjust the goal a wee bit lower :blushing:

My stats ... I'm 5'7" and currently 163lbs I have a goal of 150lbs (it's been a LONG time since I was that :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: )

So I'm being brave now :noway: and posting a piccie taken today (albeit taken by someone who is nervous with digicams not the best pic lol aka my dad :laugh: )and asking you if you wouldn't mind to be BRUTALLY honest with me ... Please don't hold back I CAN take it :laugh: :flowerforyou:

I will say I still want to tone up a wee bit more and once my swimming gear arrives will be hitting the pool 2 hopefully 3 times per week :bigsmile: (only learned on my recent hol so don't want to lose that)

OK ... here goes the dreaded piccie lol :wink: :laugh:

09092010001.jpg

Thanks so much guys appreciate any replies :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bugger!! :grumble: the pic didn't post so here is the direct link if anyone can help me edit it :blushing:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/chellie7871/Aug and Sept Piccies/09092010001.jpg
  • starstealing
    Options
    doesn't work?
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pic, but I would suggest you get to goal first then re-evaluate. It's surprising how different 13 pounds can look and surprising how danged hard it is to lose the last 5 when you are close to where you should be.
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    I think you look wonderful!! but no one else can tell you how much you should weigh.
    Unless it is your doctor and even then it's still up to you :wink:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    you look great from what I can see, however it's hard to tell because you're dressed in all black so your clothes blend into eachother & you can't really see your shape or size!! However, that outfit on you looks fabulous.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pic, but I would suggest you get to goal first then re-evaluate. It's surprising how different 13 pounds can look and surprising how danged hard it is to lose the last 5 when you are close to where you should be.

I agree. It was the last 10 lbs where I really started to notice a different. I can't see the pic but each frame is different. Do what is comfortable to you. That is what matters.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Bugger!! :grumble: the pic didn't post so here is the direct link if anyone can help me edit it :blushing:

09092010001.jpg

Tried to fix it, PB sucks for photo hosting onto this board
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jill. Get to goal first, then re-evaluate. If you need out input when you do that, post pics again, but not wearing all black. It will be easier for us to give you feedback that way. BTW... you look TERRIFIC in that outfit!
  • Hughes39
    Options
    agreed. my 5'9 and my final goal is 160. my "idea weight" according to drs and everything else says 120-160. so i would think 150 would be in ideal range for you too. i plan to get to 160 then see how i feel about my self and decide from there if i want to lose more or not
  • AlexTCasas
    Options
    I guess you are more interested in guys opinions..definitely, .you look great now!
    If you can get it down to 150, then you will be amazing!
    (my sincere opinion, as you asked, the truth and nothing but the truth..)
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Honestly...you look really great!!!
    5'7'' is a great height to help hide weight as it is (not that you want to be hiding), but I think around150 is a good goal. I've heard that on average women should weigh about 100lbs at 5 foot and then should add 5lbs for each inch over that, but of course every women has a different structure and build. It would be easier to tell your shape better if your arms weren't in front of your hips/waist so much...but you really do look good. Anyways, just shoot for whatever you feel best at :)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I agree ... your dad takes bad pictures :laugh: . It is hard to tell due to the outfit, but I cheated and looked at your pics in your profile. I think that the goal of 150 lbs should be your current goal. once you get there you can decide if you want to stay at that weight or move on down the scale.

but do keep up the great job and I love the pic of you and your mates at the pub... you all look very happy (or drunk)
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You seem to have layers on, like a blouse under a sweater? So hard to tell. I would say you don't need to lose more than another 10lbs or so, but agree with the others - wait til you get there and re-assess.
  • Buccinator
    Options
    You look great! But I agree with everyone, go ahead and get to that goal, then see what you think.

(Am I the only one LOVING that heart-shaped food dish on the floor?)
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    You look great but remember when you get to you target you need to keep on with the calorie control .. just maybe up your daily intake by 500cals. I would go for a maintenance diet and focus on working on muscle tone - in the end its exercise that buffs up the final look. Then after you have had a maintenance period re-assess your look and maybe set a new lower target.

j
  • deke76
    deke76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Definitely reach your goal and re-evaluate but if you are working on a healthy lifestyle and not just a diet I would just let the chips fall where they may. Past experience has shown me that you don't really know how much weight you can lose until you lose it. I think if you maintian what has hopefully become healthy lifestyle choices you will be very pleasantly surprised with where you end up.
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    Wow guys thanks for the feedback so far and :blushing: all of the lovely comments honestly I am blushing here :laugh:

OK my poor dad lol :wink: I grabbed him again after I changed into something a bit brighter so you can see the contrast better :blushing: at this moment in time he hates me and my camera :laugh: :laugh:

I'd just got back from an interview so I hope they thought the same too he he :bigsmile: never thought about the blouse underneath :wink:

OK here goes ... again might not post properly so adding the link as well :grumble:

Septweight002.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/chellie7871/Weightloss/Septweight002.jpg
  • ChellieIrish
    Options

09092010001.jpg

Tried to fix it, PB sucks for photo hosting onto this board

Thanks for trying :drinker: I made a new album which fingers xx seems to have worked agree PB is very tempermental :grumble:
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You runined my "wanting to be honest moment I had a few comments with your first pic, then you had to post the second one. So Honestly, lets see, you can work on your smile a bit (looking a little grim) maybe something with the hair, but your bod seems pretty darn good. I don't have a really good reference to work from but your a beautiful young lady, My irish lass
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    You runined my "wanting to be honest moment I had a few comments with your first pic, then you had to post the second one. So Honestly, lets see, you can work on your smile a bit (looking a little grim) maybe something with the hair, but your bod seems pretty darn good. I don't have a really good reference to work from but your a beautiful young lady, My irish lass

Ahh Larry you little sweetheart thanks buddy :heart: emm now I WANT to know what your comments were gonna be lol :wink:

Yeah I have always hated the camera so smiling doesn't come very easily working on that one :blushing: ummm the hair *bop* that's my pride n joy lmao might need a retouch tho after the hols :blushing:

The "bod" thanks in my mind still a good bit to go maybe those last 13lbs and toning up will cover that or close to :blushing:

You say the sweetest things :drinker: :heart: :drinker: