Doughnuts!

Options
There are two boxes of yummy looking doughnuts in the kitchen at work..

Support / Motiviation anyone???

I am so ready to give into the jelly filled doughnut that is staring me down everytime I walk in there!

Thanks for all your help!

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Remember the saying "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"! Not a huge temptation to me anyway though because they're not my favorite.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    You ate it: Negate it!! Let's say 250 calories in that donut, that's 75 minutes of walking at a moderate pace!!! :noway:

(Hope that helped. I have no will power and would have eaten it by now and then skip dinner.)
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! Just keep walking. I always tell myself that the donuts look better on the table then they would back around my hips or pudge on my tummy!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Stop going to where the donuts are.... and if you can't avoid it - I would go see someone to switch them places so you won't see them (oh, and they can't tell you where they are either!).
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I could see if it was a hot, fresh one but cold, old and in the fridge. YUCK !! The grease from being fried has already gotten hard.

(Did it work? I know it's hard just think about how gross it will be. And how much work you are going to have to do to get those calories off, is it worth it? NO !!)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Just remember to keep it in balance--if you eat it, you either have to cut something else, or work out. So three choices: 1) Don't eat it. 2) Eat and exercise. 3) Eat and cut something. You're in control!! You can do it.
  • kriegs86
    Options
    You're a strong woman and you'll overcome so that you get back the pre-kid body you want! You're going to rock it!
  • Annista
    Annista Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!! Don't cave, it's too hard to work off!!! Plus I don't know about you but I always feel bad when I do give in to tempation!!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Think about how much you really want it. If it's enough that you'll put in an extra workout or add some extra intensity to your workout, then eat it!

I'm all about moderation. If you REALLY want something, it's okay to have it. It's not an ALL OR NOTHING thing. I burn enough calories usually to fit something in every day that I shouldn't eat... :)

But make sure it's worth the calories. Think with your head, not with your stomach :)
  • ladiaz1106
    Options
    Thank you to everyone!!! I am going to try to think of them as dried, shriveled pieces of dog poop..

They are the best damned pieces of dried, shriveled pieces of dog poop i've ever seen, but they are still poop.

I can't tell you how much your comments are keeping me strong..

Thanky you once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It's a ball of chilled, fried, then chilled again fats and sugars that have been handled by numerous people who may or may not have been wearing gloves/hairnets and who may or may not have good hygiene. It has the shelf life of too long and even roaches won't munch on it if they're given another option.

Did that help any?
  • ladiaz1106
    Options
    Sounds tasty..:sick: ..being sarcastic of course!

Thanks.. It did help!
  • skinnytayy
    Options
    Here's a tip ... Think of WHO made them .. they may not have wore gloves. Could have been digging in their nose and scratching their butt and then touching them YUCK YUCK YUCK! Can you imagine the possible illness that could come from ingesting human feces? Or the fact that its NASTY.

Hope that helped :)