To eat chocolate or not to eat chocolate?

Options
2»

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate. Or send it to me and I'll eat it.

not-even-sorry.gif
  • lovelaughrun
    lovelaughrun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    2 square of Lindt 90% chocolate has 120 calories. I happen to prefer dark chocolate and Lindt is my favorite. :heart:

Agree. Lindt is the best.
    I say go for it if it's within your daily count. If your goal is to change your lifetsyle not just for 6 months then you should have a treat every now and then. Chocolate is my weakness but I log everything and make sure it won't send me over. If I deprive myself that's when I binge. I'd rather a little chocolate portion than go on a rampage after weeks of not letting myself and consume an entire block, some baskins ice cream and probably some wine :tongue:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate. Or send it to me and I'll eat it.

not-even-sorry.gif

This.

I'm eating chocolate while reading this.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The scientific answer: If the chocolate bar is 300 calories or less, it will not hinder your weight loss or throw away your hard work. The the answer is yes.

The psychological/emotional answer: If chocolate is a "trigger" food for you, and you know that you will not be able to control your cravings once you eat it, and eating it will lead to a trip to the store to buy and eat 3 or 4 more, then the answer is no.

The honest answer: A diet should be one that you can see yourself following for more than 3 or 6 months. Ask yourself, can I maintain this level of restriction and type of eating for more than a year? 5 years? Over my life? Basically, unless you have an allergy or an unhealthy relationship with certain foods that may require therapy, you don't need to deprive yourself of chocolate while dieting. Incorporating chocolate into your daily caloric and macro goals will allow you to eat the foods you want, feel better about your eating choices, and still reach your weight loss goals. Imagine the day when you say "I don't feel like eating chocolate today." It doesn't have to be an all or nothing choice. The victory in attaining your goals lies in the fact that you were able to do it on your terms without having to restrict yourself or deprive yourself of foods that you can't go without for the rest of your life.

Best. Answer. Ever.

Requoting because this is the absolute right answer.
    tumblr_lolh89sFYe1qbi23yo1_400.gif
  • debbiebofjc
    Options
    Agree! Only 7 net carbs per serving (FOUR squares) and 3g sugar! (plus a bonus 4g protein). In my opinion, chocolate is not "dark" unless it's over 80% cocoa. btw, I rarely eat a whole "serving" in one day.