New and using Fitbit!

Options
Hello! Good to meet everyone here!

I'm Vixen! (I've had the nickname since I was 12 and reading the Redwall books. Hair's red too.)

I apparently made an account on this site about a year ago, so I must have been starting something healthy and wandered away from it, as per usual. But now I am here to stay!

I was once on a medication that made me gain 70 lbs within the span of 2 months and another that made me gain 30...and I just can't seem to get rid of the extra weight even after I've stopped taking them. I've lost some. (I once weighed 286, and now I'm at 248) I'd like to lose the rest...and from there, we'll see how I look and feel. SSRI's and antipsychotics are serious stuff.

I'm using a combination of MFP to track my diet and Fitbit to track my calories burned and sleep quality. I'm not the competitive sort, but I am the supportive listening and sharing kind of friend.

If I sound good to you, I love having friends to walk a common path.

And as for more of me, I'm a writer, I translate comic books from Japanese to English, and I'm working hard to become a Medical Laboratory Scientist! I also have a deep love of playing video games and all things nerdy. ;-)

Replies

• kamilah129
    kamilah129 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too have synched accounts... Would love to motivate you and receive the same... You can add me as a friend if you would like...Kamilah129
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I also use the fitbit and it has helped out alot, if ya wanna ya can add me on it

http://www.fitbit.com/user/253W26
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm here on the daily, yes I'm obsessed & sync my fitbit to MFP, but I tend to use the workout apps like runtastic to log & sync my exercises. I use the fitbit to track my sleep & my steps.
  • Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome it is nice to have you back. I was here before and got sidetracked. I intend to stay this time around too. I am a fitbit user also and I have 67 lbs to lose. I have lost 20 now so doing well. I wish you the best on your journey. What kind of fit bit do you have. I have the Zip.
  • r_balogh
    r_balogh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome a fellow nerd. Welcome and feel free to add me. It's always nice to see what others are doing and maybe learn something that can help yourself in the process. Not to mention good healthy recipes are sometimes hard to come by.
  • diannab1
    diannab1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI

I'm new here too and struggling to lose the 50lbs my thyroid left me when it died...please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • DeadGirl82
    DeadGirl82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've just got my FitBit One today and would love some friends to see how they are progressing.
    Feel free to add me: www.fitbit.com/user/26KQRK
  • KenzieeeBrooke
    KenzieeeBrooke Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just got a Fitbit and cannot wait to use it :)
  • KenzieeeBrooke
    KenzieeeBrooke Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just got a Fitbit and cannot wait to use it :)
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too....http://www.fitbit.com/user/24D2M6 :smile:
  • Jolle723
    Jolle723 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am starting to use MFP again, too! I've ordered my fitbit and am expecting it any day now. I also just started the C25K program. I'm excited to get this weight loss started! Good luck everyone!
  • sleepsafe
    sleepsafe Posts: 4
    Options
    I just signed up today. I also have just gotten a Fitbit flex, so this is where I start. A recent health issue has prompted me to start this. I used to be a runner, can't do that any more, so I'm hoping I can find the inspiration and motivation here to do something different than I have for the last 30 years.
  • GoodSelf
    GoodSelf Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a fitbit as well, but am kind of stumped about how to use it. Any tips? I'm new too... feel free to add me. :)
  • DeadGirl82
    Options
    Not wanting to sound dim, but how does one add people as friends using the url? I only have the option to do it via Facebook or email.
  • sleepsafe
    sleepsafe Posts: 4
    Options
    Just got back from a short walk after starting the Fitbit flex. I downloaded the iphone app. Pretty cool. You can open the app while walking and see steps being added in real time. I'm sure there will be a learning curve, but I'm impressed.
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    You can only add friends by URL by using the web dashboard. Should be an "add friend" button when you view a profile.

Add me! http://www.fitbit.com/user/268Z6P
  • Diane1966
    Diane1966 Posts: 20
    Options
    What's a fit bit? Never heard of it
  • DeadGirl82
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, it worked eventually :)
  • badmoose
    badmoose Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome to the fold, and best wishes for a successful journey into a healthier self. I, too, use a combination of MFP and a fitbit to track my dietary habits and activity. Thus farm, it's working out quite well, so I'm sure you ought meet similar success (assuming similar commitment). That's the key, isn't it: you have to commit. But hey, you're a writer. It's much the same, in effect. You can sit in front of a blank page, doodle, pick up the phone, make paper airplanes, do origami...or you can write.

So write yourself a happier you. Don't doodle or make paper swans. Create an epic new self. And have fun doing it.