NYC, Student, PCOS, Short or just plain friendly :-)

Options
Cinloykko
Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
Hi everyone! I had a MFP account before but i never took it seriously.... until now. I really want to lose weight after my most recent doctor's visit. It finally hit me that a life change isnt only a bonus, its a MUST for me.

I live in the NYC area and it would be a plus if you live here too - to share ideas and events. I have PCOS - insulin resistance. I'm relatively short - only 5'1". I just turned 23 and am a student, working at a semi-permanent internship. If you are any of these, OR you just want a new friend - ADD ME! MFP keeps me motivated and this community is what inspires me.

Good Luck everyone, and keep up the good work!

Replies

• babyk78
    babyk78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I will be starting my internship very soon. I'm a little bit older trying to finish my bachelors. I'll send you a FR.

Glad you're back on MFP :)
  • juliaskater
    juliaskater Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm glad ur back! My names Julia let's do this together!
  • healthyhappykali
    Options
    It's great to meet you! I have PCOS, also, so we can support each other! :)
  • tantsihoppjohanna
    tantsihoppjohanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't live in NYC, not even close, not even on the same continent :D, but I too have PCOS. It's frustrating, because even at my fittest shape, being slim and toned all over the body, I still had a problem losing belly fat. I started a specific birth control pill that made me gain weight all over the body, really fast so now I'm at the borderline of weight normal weight and overweight. Trying to lose those pounds of body fat now. PCOS is definitely a tough thing to handle, especially when you try to lose weight but it's glad there are others alike
  • StephanieMoon6
    StephanieMoon6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me, dollface! I am 23 years old, student, and have PCOS as well. I never took weight loss seriously until now because I'm really scared of the complications that PCOS will give me (and has already given me!). I'm from Texas, so I'm pretty far away, but I am here for you! We need to push each other so we can beat PCOS!

Current weight: 226.2
    Goal weight: 140