25 lbs gone... :)

Options
I decided at the beginning that thinking about losing 150 lbs (or more) was going to be too overwhelming. So I decided to lose 25lbs. Its been just over 12 weeks now (87 straight days of MFP). There have been ups and downs. I went weeks at one point without losing any weight. But today I stepped on the scale and saw what I have been shooting for. I started at 325. Today I weighed in at 299.6 and all I can do is smile :) Its still hard to tell. Only the people that know me the best have been commenting on the little changes, but I can totally feel them. I started at a big size 26 jeans, very close to 28. Now I can pull the 26's off without unbuttoning (I can button and zip 24s, but I dont like the way they look... yet). I went to the movies with a friend the other day and noticed that the arm rests didnt dig into my hips any more. My bra is too big so I ordered a band size smaller and it fits perfect. My wedding ring is looser. I feel great. I havent cut any food out of my life and I dont feel like I've made any sacrifices. And today, I vow to lose 25 more pounds :) I know I can!

Replies

• parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :) So nice to hear you so happy! :) Keep it up girl! :) 25 lbs in 12 weeks is fabulous! :)
  • rshcraig
    rshcraig Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks. I'm very proud of myself and excited that I made it this far without giving up.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Yay! I like your attitude. And I agree with you - I don't cut out anything either :)
  • MrsRich2010
    Options
    Awesome job. Still haven't reached my smaller goal yet. got distracted. But Im back. CONGRATS!
  • rshcraig
    Options
    Yay! I like your attitude. And I agree with you - I don't cut out anything either :)

Thanks. I'm not always so positive lol but I do try.
  • rshcraig
    Options
    Awesome job. Still haven't reached my smaller goal yet. got distracted. But Im back. CONGRATS!

Thanks! I'm sure you can do it. Life is all about distractions isn't it? But tomorrow's a new day :-)
  • Annazbananaz
    Annazbananaz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow, keep smiling about that, it's awesome! Congratulations.
  • xiomarajae
    xiomarajae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's pretty amazing. keep up the hard work. :)
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You are 100 % right! You CAN do it!
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!! Congrats on reaching your goal, and an even bigger congrats on continuing!! My starting goal was the exact same as yours (to just lose 25) and now its to lose another 25.. so much easier when you break it into smaller chunks.
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Great job and you should be smiling! :flowerforyou:
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow! way to go! 25 is a big success :)
  • whitebeard28
    Options
    Knowing you can is most of the battle! You have already proven you can do it, great job, just continue what you are doing!!
    The trick here is setting obtainable goals!! Small goals are easier to reach, plus it makes you feel great when you reach them. With enough perseverence you will reach your final goal!! "GREAT JOB!!"
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • rshcraig
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Your words are so encouraging. :-)
  • tanyadolan1
    tanyadolan1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good for you, keep up the good work......it is always a nice feeling when you find that you clothes are getting loser. I am finding that with my jeans that they are looking very baggy on me and as with you finding that my wedding ring is not so tight
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Well done! Is your diary open to friends, in which case I will send you a friends request. You are doing brilliantly!
  • jmarie1967
    jmarie1967 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Our weight stories are similar, I started at 325 and to lose 145-150 lbs was daunting. My first goal was to get below 300, I did that a couple weeks ago, and am now under 295! I am breaking my mental goal into even smaller 5 and 10 lb chunks, it feels great to hit each goal... I sat in a rocker at work the other day, and my hips didn't touch the sides! Even our clothing sizes/stories are identical. I just told my hubby, I can take the 26 pants off without unzipping! I too am not great with the way the 24's look yet! But God knows I have many 24's in the closet! Barely fitting into the 26's is what kicked my butt into gear! I refused to buy a size 28! :happy: Way to go and you can do it, keep up the great work!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You doing great! And what a great approach. Each of us has to figure out how best to go about this whole thing and do what works for us and you have chosen a great path for you. You should be proud of yourself, and all those NSVs you have experienced, theater seats, bra size, jeans, etc, will just keep on coming, and it's not going to be long before everyone is noticing! Keep doing what you're doing, it's definitely not easy, but the rewards make it all worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!