Healthy Eggplant Parm - 371 Cal ((With Pics!!!))

Options
AshleyNPeters
AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
fw0l06.jpg

I just updated my low calorie blog with a Baked Eggplant Parm recipe that was to die for! Below is the recipe along with the link to my blog that has lots of other MFP friendly recipes!

http://lowcalcook.blogspot.com/

Ingredients:
2 Eggplants
2 cups of sauce (I used Bertoli Olive oil and garlic)
1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
2 eggs
1 cup of low fat shredded mozzarella
2 Tablespoons of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 teaspoon of sea salt

Directions:

*Before you begin, first note that the size of the eggplants determines how much egg and panko mix you will need. This is based off of 2 regular sized eggplants. If you use 2 larger eggplants, you may need more egg and breadcrumbs.

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the eggplants horizontally, about ½ inch in thickness (you can either peel off the skin or leave it on, I leave it on for a little crunch.) Once all of your eggplant is sliced, lay them out on a casserole dish that is sprayed with non-stick spray. Drizzle EVOO and sprinkle the sea salt over the eggplant. Place in the oven and flip after 10 minutes. After 20 minutes or until roasted, take them out of the oven and let them cool. Lower the oven to 350. Whisk together your 2 eggs in a bowl and place the 1 cup of panko break crumbs in another bowl. Drench each slice of eggplant in the egg mix, and then coat in the panko breadcrumbs. Do this for all of the slices and place on a non-stick sprayed casserole dish when complete. Sprinkle ½ of your shredded cheese on top. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Serve on top of sauce (you can also pour the sauce over the eggplant if you want.) Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve. To get fancy, you can use asparagus to garnish like I did!

Nutrition Information for 1 serving (this recipe makes 4 servings)

Calories: 371
Carbs : 53
Fat: 12
Protein: 17
Sodium: 1262
Fiber: 11

Replies

• tmr57
    tmr57 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kaylyn07
    Kaylyn07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    BUMPPPP omg I want
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm :tongue:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    looks good, thanks!!
  • woodstockchick
    Options
    Is one serving one circle? It looks yummy. Never had eggplant parm b4
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    fw0l06.jpg

I just updated my low calorie blog with a Baked Eggplant Parm recipe that was to die for! Below is the recipe along with the link to my blog that has lots of other MFP friendly recipes!

http://lowcalcook.blogspot.com/

Ingredients:
    2 Eggplants
    2 cups of sauce (I used Bertoli Olive oil and garlic)
    1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
    2 eggs
    1 cup of low fat shredded mozzarella
    2 Tablespoons of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
    1 teaspoon of sea salt

Directions:

*Before you begin, first note that the size of the eggplants determines how much egg and panko mix you will need. This is based off of 2 regular sized eggplants. If you use 2 larger eggplants, you may need more egg and breadcrumbs.

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the eggplants horizontally, about ½ inch in thickness (you can either peel off the skin or leave it on, I leave it on for a little crunch.) Once all of your eggplant is sliced, lay them out on a casserole dish that is sprayed with non-stick spray. Drizzle EVOO and sprinkle the sea salt over the eggplant. Place in the oven and flip after 10 minutes. After 20 minutes or until roasted, take them out of the oven and let them cool. Lower the oven to 350. Whisk together your 2 eggs in a bowl and place the 1 cup of panko break crumbs in another bowl. Drench each slice of eggplant in the egg mix, and then coat in the panko breadcrumbs. Do this for all of the slices and place on a non-stick sprayed casserole dish when complete. Sprinkle ½ of your shredded cheese on top. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Serve on top of sauce (you can also pour the sauce over the eggplant if you want.) Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve. To get fancy, you can use asparagus to garnish like I did!

Nutrition Information for 1 serving (this recipe makes 4 servings)

Calories: 371
    Carbs : 53
    Fat: 12
    Protein: 17
    Sodium: 1262
    Fiber: 11
  • AshleyNPeters
    AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Is one serving one circle? It looks yummy. Never had eggplant parm b4

One serving is 1/4 of the recipe, so its more like 4-5 circles depending on the size of the eggplant and how thin you cut them :) if you want it to look like more, I suggest cutting them thin ;)
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cfc32flvrs
    cfc32flvrs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • OhNoSheDidnt
    OhNoSheDidnt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Marking, thanks!