Do you always log your exercise?

Options
A buddy of mine who happens to be a personal trainer told me not to ever log my exercises on MFP and to go into my settings and custom set my macros..I don't even know what the heck that means..my daily goal is 1,200 calories..just to be sure this is what I need to hit even after I work out, correct? I might be doing this all wrong. Thanks!

Replies

• mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I always log my exercise... Some times I eat them sometimes I don't probally half and half ... Have more to lose than you but still losing... Don't log my strength stuff as calls burned tho. Only plan do do 3 half hour sessions of weights a week to tone while losing
  • muppethouse
    Options
    I have logged my exercise a couple of times, mostly not. I don't want it to throw more calories out there for me to see.
  • chichibaby85
    chichibaby85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have logged my exercise a couple of times, mostly not. I don't want it to throw more calories out there for me to see.

Hmm good advice..never thought of it that way but you're right..I just don't want to eat too little calories and then go into starvation mode and have my body hold onto the fat..what about the whole macros thing?

Thanks ladies.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Hmm good advice..never thought of it that way but you're right..I just don't want to eat too little calories and then go into starvation mode and have my body hold onto the fat..what about the whole macros thing?

Thanks ladies.

Valid concern. if you're burning those calories, your body isn't getting what it needs for basic functions. Net 800 calories a day and it's growing hair, nails, digesting, and walking around town without enough fuel. I'm a firm believer that you should at least eat back some exercise calories for your body's sake.
  • chichibaby85
    chichibaby85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Thanks ladies.

Valid concern. if you're burning those calories, your body isn't getting what it needs for basic functions. Net 800 calories a day and it's growing hair, nails, digesting, and walking around town without enough fuel. I'm a firm believer that you should at least eat back some exercise calories for your body's sake.

Thanks..good to know, I always make sure I'm at at least 1,200 calories INCLUDING exercise..still nothing on macros?
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I log my aerobic activities like running and swimming. Yoga and strength training (mostly kettlebells) I never log.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I log everything. For cardio, I log what my HRM says and eat back most if not all of the calories because 1) I am hungry and 2) my body needs the fuel to support the activity. For strength training MFP doesn't add calories but i log to track my progress and accomplishments,