ABC's of weightloss

Options

Replies

• Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    B is for Buddies
    Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine compared solo dieters to teams of dieters. After 10 months, the latter were likelier to have maintained their loss (66 percent versus 24 percent).

THIS IS WHY WE ARE HERE! THANKS........
  • pressica
    Options
    bump to check out later.
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    BUMP to read later.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I got this in my e-mail the other day.
    Some of it was suspect, but I thought overall it gave some great info.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    J is for Journal
    If you write down everything you eat, research has shown, you can cut your intake by 500 to 1,000 calories a day. And you'll keep the weight off: Food journaling is one of the successful behaviors used by people in the National Weight Control Registry, a list of dieters who have maintained a loss of 30 pounds or more for at least one year.

Yet another reason why MFP-ers are so successful!
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    Thanks this article was good!!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    posting to keep in My Topics.

I agree with the Journaling. I have lost 4 lbs. by a) quitting drinking b) being cognizant of what I am eating and drinking.

Going to read the article during lunch
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I found this interesting : N is for Numbers "Nobody enjoys weigh-ins, but research shows that people who hop on the scale once a day are more likely to lose and to maintain their loss. Make a standing appointment for yourself--just don't obsess over the number you see" I am one who weighs daily...I think for me it does more good than harm...let's me know where I am at :wink:
  • scarlettbleu
    Options
    Thanks for the link. That's great! Hooray for B for Buddies!!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to read the article... but from the replys... I like the N: I am doing something right... yay!!! :smile:
  • elk949
    Options
    This is a really good article, thank you for posting! :happy: