Biotin causing bloating??!

Options
For about the past week I have been taking biotin supplements for healthy hair. They contain 10,000 mg of biotin in each and you take one per day.... I have noticed I have been retaining a lot of water and everything on me is bigger! My fingers, STOMACH, thighs?! Can the biotin be doing this? The scale has stayed the same so far (knock on wood) Im definately done taking them until I figure this out.. and no its not that time of the month or close! Oh and if this is causing the bloating how long will it take to go down..

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I take biotin every day, but mine is only 1000 mcg. No weird results for me. Try going back off of it and seeing if the swelling goes down.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    10,000 mg? or mcg?
    Because 10,000 mg would be a LOT!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    10,000 mg? or mcg?
    Because 10,000 mg would be a LOT!

Agree! I also take 1000 ug and I have no problems with bloating.

OP, how is your sodium intake, any changes in your diet or change of meds/birthcontrol?
  • sabrinagracenichols
    Options
    Mcg**** lol.. and nothing different! Maybe more vegetables in my diet recently but that is the only difference... I know vegetables can make you bloated but really it hasnt been a significant difference in my diet. Sodium is normal... maybe its just my body or I need to go on a much lower amount..
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you would need that much biotin. It's the amount that may be the problem.

I've been taking 300 mcg of biotin, sometimes 600, for the past 8 months. I've not had problems with bloating.