New runner looking for friends! :)

Options
BChanFit
BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
Hello! My name is Beth and I'm looking for some new MFP pals for fellow encouragement and motivation. I'm VERY active on MFP (by active I mean obsessive, if you log a workout I'll probably congratulate you within a couple hours) :)

Took up running this spring, ran my first 5K in May and have been hooked ever since. Currently training for a 10K at the end of August and then a 10 mile at the end of October. I usually run about 3-5 times per week depending what time allows and how much I feel my legs can handle.

I also like a lot of variety in my workouts so I try to mix it up with different activities as well. If I'm bored I'm not having fun and if I'm not having fun I won't do it. So the easiest fix, at least for me, is to mix it up and keep it fun!

Looking for some fellow friends so please add if you're in the same boat or if just looking for some new friends too. :)

Replies

• ravensfitnessjourney
    ravensfitnessjourney Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    you can add me ma'am :)
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Add me if you looking for interactive fiends who are also getting back intro running .. I haven't run in a race since 2011 and am currently training for a 10k. I don't have a race booked yet as I'm just working to get my endurance back.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi Kindeo!! I'm a runner and I love it too!! I finally ran my first 5k a couple weeks ago. I made a mistake and let my shoes go too far. I ended up with shin splints and now I have a stress fracture. I am now told I cannot run for 4-6 weeks and only allowed to use a bike or elliptical...bummer. I will gladly cheer you on as you run while I wait out my healing time!
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    also runner! i've done half marathons, and would love to do a full eventually. I do a ton of 5 ks, welcome to mfp! add me if you;d like!
  • BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi Kindeo!! I'm a runner and I love it too!! I finally ran my first 5k a couple weeks ago. I made a mistake and let my shoes go too far. I ended up with shin splints and now I have a stress fracture. I am now told I cannot run for 4-6 weeks and only allowed to use a bike or elliptical...bummer. I will gladly cheer you on as you run while I wait out my healing time!

Oh hey that's a good point! I've had mine about 6 months and have started having shin and knee pain. Might be time for an upgrade/replacement? Did you find some new shoes you like?
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Beth, I've messaged you. Happy to have other new runner friends too :)
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started running spring 2012. I have learned a lot about myself and running. Would love to help you with anything I can. I log on everyday (except vacations).