Going to bed early to stop eating.

Options
Just wondered if any of you all do this too: go to bed because you know if you stay up you will just eat.

Replies

• jenniferleehenson
    jenniferleehenson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do!! Night time snacking is the hardest thing for me to not give in to. I do great all day then screw it up at night.
  • xiomarajae
    xiomarajae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. If I don't go to bed early, I'll get bored and end up snacking all late.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do the same when the craving gets too strong.

During workdays, I brush my teeth after lunch and rinse with mouthwash. That really stop me from snacking unnecessarily.
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's something I think of, but I like late nights too much to force myself to sleep early. Instead I just save enough calories to be able to eat well into the night and close to bed time. It's proving to work well thus far.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. It works.
  • 95AM97
    95AM97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LOL nice thread! I was just cleaning up downstairs and heading upstairs for rest of the evening just to stop eating. Being near the kitchen is too tempting.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes - especially on the weekends. During the week I usually eat dinner pretty late but on the weekends I'll eat earlier and then want to snack all night. Last Saturday I was in bed at 9:30 because I just wanted to snack.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    absolutely. It has been a huge success for me
  • kathygehrke
    kathygehrke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do this too! I really hate going to bed feeling hungry, but once I'm asleep it doesn't bother me anymore. I agree brushing your teeth does discourage impulse eating before bedtime!
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    yep, laying in bed right now, getting sleepy not hungry
  • ravensfitnessjourney
    ravensfitnessjourney Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    yes it does help! but you cant go to sleep if youre hungry. try having a healthy snack or try drinking more water during the day to help curb appetite
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Never had to because I'm not really a nighttime snacker. If last meal is about 9 pm, I have no problem waiting til 7 AM for the next day's first meal.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's something I think of, but I like late nights too much to force myself to sleep early. Instead I just save enough calories to be able to eat well into the night and close to bed time. It's proving to work well thus far.

This!
  • KiwiJewels
    KiwiJewels Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Must be a universal fix haha Can't drink too much water before bedtime or I'll be up at the crack of dawn! lol If you don't go to bed, then at least go do something to keep you busy that you don't relate to food. e.g. I CANNOT watch TV for long without feeling hungry - we even fast foward all the ads but it still doesn't help. We do eat dinner in front of the tv (bad I know!) so suspect it's just a habit to be eating while I'm sitting there. Could probably do with a few early nights haha
  • baileyaad
    baileyaad Posts: 19
    Options
    I take my dogs for a walk around 10-11 pm to stop myself from snacking. Then when I get home I can have a piece of fruit or something, chill for a bit, then head to bed. It's also cool outside and there aren't lots of people out and about.
  • bmpickles
    bmpickles Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have to do that. If I stay up past a certain point, I just eat. I call it the witching hour...
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Err.. yep I definitely do!!

If my calories are all used up for the day, and I get a craving, it's off to bed haha.