thigh sag!

Options
2»

Replies

• RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    as I keep telling myself every time I look in the mirror and see saggy skin........loose skin is better than fat skin!!
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    squats, squats and more squats. Body weight squats are good and if you have a dumbbell you can do goblet squats.

Also just keep going and the skin will shrink, it takes a little while but it will happen if you keep going.
  • smurlene
    smurlene Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks so much! You give me hope. :smile:
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    “Skip: Holding dumbbells. Walkers often think that lugging around a pair of dumbbells is a great way to boost calorie burn and maybe add a little toning to their walks. The trouble is, swinging dumbbells can affect your natural stride and put extra stress on your joints, not your muscles (where you want it for toning purposes). If you want to add weight to your walk, consider a weighted vest instead.

Skip: Ankle or wrist weights. Similar to dumbbells, these add extra weight to your body where it’s hardest on your joints, increasing your risk for injury or strain.”

Try: Weighted vests. If your goal is to burn more calories, a weighted vest can be an effective and safe way to do it. Much like it sounds, a weighted vest drapes over your shoulders and wraps around your midsection. You can find weighted vests online or in most athletic stores; they are generally priced between $25 and $40, depending on the size and weight. A vest typically adds between two and sixteen pounds of extra weight where your body can handle it (and where most of us carry a little extra weight already)—at your core.

You could try Leslie Sansone walk at home videos that can be done when your little one is asleep :)

Wish you well.

Ps way to go on the weight loss!!
  • smurlene
    Options
    I love Leslie. I lost 100 lbs using her videos before, but I work while the kid sleeps. It is the only way I get work done. I might try take them to work and doing them in my office during lunch time.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com

Free bodyweight, and light weight workouts between 15-60 minutes each. Depending on what kind of time you have each day, pick a video, follow along.

Fitness Blender is great! Also, look up tabata. 4 minutes. You should be able to squeeze a few of these out. Even one is better than nothing.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I know some gyms have childcare, some even for free with membership.
    Just in case you hadn't checked into that option.
    I used to have to bring my oldest with me to the gym.
    I had to stop my work out if he poo'd his diaper and go change him. Ugh, hated that.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am a single mother as well (divorced) so I get it's hard to find time to work out. What about your lunch hour at work - could you spend 30 minutes of it walking at a fast pace? Or lay on the living room floor and do leg lifts or pop in a workout DVD. Or how about planking? Wall sit? All of these can be done at home. Planking and wall sit only take a minute.
  • smurlene
    Options
    I plan on doing those things, as I said earlier. Thanks!

No gyms here allow children to come and they have no sitters. :(
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options

No gyms here allow children to come and they have no sitters. :(

Yuck. That stinks.
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread, book marking it.
    These are the workouts I follow...mainly her 12 minute ones.
    I need to get back to doing them...mainly walking right now.
    http://www.joycevedral.com/
  • dazedjul1
    dazedjul1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I'm a little down today from looking in a fitting room mirror. Down 54lb so far but sagging thighs got to me! But I feel great and needing smaller pants should have mattered more!