New...looking for friends to support and be supported by...

Options
I am 42 and looking to lose approx 100 pounds. I used to be in shape twenty years ago and I talk about "when I was slim" like it was yesterday. I know I have the extra weight at the same time I have been in denial for a long time....thinking I can take it off no problem. I have tried it all including some unhealthy methods. I'm tired of being called "Hey Big Guy".....I laugh it off as I do most uncomfortable situations but inside it pains me. I think about my weight 24/7 and it is clogging up my mind....I truly believe I would be a lot more successful at every other component of my life if I could only free my mind. I have moments I am ok but they can be shattered easily. Like leaving the house feeling good and confident and then walking past a full length mirror...ugh day ruined.

Enough rambling for today. I have been using Myfitnesspal for close to a week now and feeling great....feeling hopeful.

Would love to add some friends on this site. Not sure how often I will be on the message boards but would love to share encouragement and receive encouragement when I do.

Regards.

Replies

• tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I also am not on the boards very often but trying to get back in the swing of things and get some results!
    Good luck!!
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, and I will be glad to give you support in reaching your goals :)
  • Alinamariec
    Alinamariec Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    trust me I know how you feel.. just keep it up!.. you can always ad me
  • lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ... I'm starting out too :)
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me. I try to log in daily :)
  • ojhoward1959
    Options
    Hello, i am new also, feel free to add me and if anyone else wants to add me also would be great. I am 54, not as young as i once was but trying to get in shape. I have managed to loose about 35lbs in last 11/2 yrs but trying to loose another 15 or 20. My down fall is where i work is pizza, pies, ice cream and it screams my name. Thanks everyone.