Help. I'm finding it hard to eat my daily chocolate goal.

Options
BrainyBurro
BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
since i seem to always be under on my fat macro, i have a serious question.

which foods give the highest fat/calorie ratio. i know 1g of fat is 9 calories, but unless you're drinking lard, all foods have other macros in them as well. i'm looking for the best way to get my fat intake up with the least amount of additional calories.

i know chocolate and peanut butter and all of the other such suggestions will work, but has anyone compiled a list showing the various options in a chart from most fat dense to least fat dense?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Just take a spoonful of fish or coconut oil
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

any trans fats in these? and are you suggesting slurping it down or mixing it with something else, like a protein shake?
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sadly, compiling a chart like that would be right up my alley. I made one a couple years ago to compare beers based on alcohol content, calories, and price.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    A teaspoon of olive oil is quite tasty on a serving of veggies.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    A good topic - I'm often looking to add in more healthy fat too.

The delicious solution: guacamole!!

http://www.self.com/blogs/flash/2011/08/6-high-fat-foods-that-are-good.html
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm all for a spoonful of coconut oil, and not just ANY coconut oil, it MUST be EFA Gold.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Just add me!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    AVOCADO!!!

nom, nom.............................
  • KelseyLK1
    KelseyLK1 Posts: 26
    Options
    healthy fats- oil (olive, canola, sunflower, peanut, sesame, soybean, corn) olives, nuts, definitely avocados! peanut butter, soy milk, salmon
  • gastlysmom
    gastlysmom Posts: 28
    Options

any trans fats in these? and are you suggesting slurping it down or mixing it with something else, like a protein shake?
    coconut oil is tasty.. i add it to my smoothies BUT you cant put it with ice or it solidifies. i mix mine with a banana, some cocoa ( mmmm) , a tablespoon of PB2 and a handful of spinach oh, and water so it'll blend
  • gastlysmom
    gastlysmom Posts: 28
    Options
    Sadly, compiling a chart like that would be right up my alley. I made one a couple years ago to compare beers based on alcohol content, calories, and price.

and do you have that chart handy ?!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Tag. I need Fats, too!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    cheeeeeese!
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    just to make sure my question isn't being overlooked... i am not looking for suggestions about what has fats in it, so much as which foods have the highest fat/calorie ratios. if anyone has a chart or a table or somesuch listing foods by fat density, that would be perfect.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    A teaspoon of olive oil is quite tasty on a serving of veggies.

this or on salad
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Bacon, of course.:smile: But of course, just adding a fat will give you the least calories and olive oil, avocado, coconut oil, butter will do that and they're pretty easy to add to your existing diet.
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    full-fat mayo, butter or garlic butter on veggies, thick cream on berries or added to sauces.
    Bacon, mmmmm :tongue:

oops sorry, only just saw that you don't want high calorie!
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so can't see what you're eating but...

Why not just cook with more fat? If you're steaming veggies, saute them. Or top with olive oil afterwards. Full fat salad dressing?
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Edited to add that besides calories, you want to avoid trans fat and saturated fat. Very bad for cardiovascular health.

I'm adding some good fats to my diet because they help control cholesterol -- you can Google monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats to get food sources and pick something that works for you (nuts and seeds, olive oil and some other oils, avocados, and others). I add one tablespoon of olive oil when I cook, eat avocados, and add a tablespoon of flax seed to my steel cut oats.

Here's a short explanation from the Mayo Clinic that lists some guidelines and food sources:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fat/NU00262/NSECTIONGROUP=2