Girl Problems ... Shh

Options
Hey Ladies,

So every time my monthly friend comes around, I just can't stay away from sweets ... chocolate especially !!! I most of the time stay within my daily calorie allotment but I feel so guilty that I'm getting derailed from my goal ... am I alone in this ?? Any tips or strategies to curb my sweet tooth ?!?

Replies

• Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    you are def not alone, but I am no help. I need help too. I eat everything in my path and if I dont have it I go buy it.

SOS Anyone???
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I make lots and lots of yummy stuff to snack on. Even since I found the Chocolate Covered Katie blog (I know I've mentioned it on here like a million times but it's so good!) it's easier to fit it into my calories. I also eat very very slowly without any distractions. That way it takes less to fill me up. I always have the sweet stuff around because I have a sweet tooth no matter if I'm on my period or not. But I want salty when my cycle comes around. I make my own chips and eat lots of popcorn with seasoning salt. Mmmmm! In my opinion it's not about stopping yourself. It's about finding ways to fit it in. Healthier options, homemade recipes, portion control. The little things add up.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Just eat your chocolate.

As long as your in a calorie deficit you'll lose weight.
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a major chocolate sweet tooth too. I've discovered that chocolate almond or soy milk satisfies me, or you could try adding chocolate soy or almond milk into a shake.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Have ya heard of PB2- chocolate, its like peanut butter but with choclate flavor, I knwo when I was really watchin what I ate, I craved peanut butter, I found out about PB2 and that helps with my peanut butter cravings.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Have ya heard of PB2- chocolate, its like peanut butter but with choclate flavor, I knwo when I was really watchin what I ate, I craved peanut butter, I found out about PB2 and that helps with my peanut butter cravings.

So PB2 isn't just ruining peanut butter?

They've now moved on to chocolate?
  • xeno8604
    Options
    FYI- I know I am not one of the ladies
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize, I know a really good vitamin helps and your iron levels will fall and you may need extra of that as well. Call your Dr. it's a simple blood test.
    the only other thing I can advise is to keep a big bowl of cut-up veggie in the fridge :)
  • xeno8604
    Options
    Its good stuff, I was skeptical but when I tried it it filled the lil void I had with my peanut butter, esp in shakes
  • Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh man do I understand!!! I switched to Quaker Chocolate mini rice cakes. Definitely a healthier, lower calorie snack and they are actually pretty good.
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    you are def not alone, but I am no help. I need help too. I eat everything in my path and if I dont have it I go buy it.

SOS Anyone???

i hear ya !! i try to compensate by exercising a little longer ... does that help ?!? :laugh: :laugh:
  • kzakian
    kzakian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have the same craving each month. This month I've found some lowish calorie chocolate milk that I can sip which really curbs my chocolate craving and takes a bit more time to drink than eating a chocolate (it's gone in 1 minute!)

Also, try chocolate covered strawberries - more chocolate bang for your buck! Just melt the chocolate, dip the strawberries in it, and freeze for about 20 minutes on a baking sheet :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think this is like the most general girl problem out there... :huh:
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't get a sweet tooth so much as lose all energy and motivation from low iron levels, and when I'm not motivated, I eat pretty much anything! I can second the PB2 chocolate peanut butter! I just got mine in today and tried a bit, and it tastes WONDERFUL! I got mine to mix with superfood and protein shakes. Maybe also try chocolate protein shakes after you workout?

Rachel
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I make lots and lots of yummy stuff to snack on. Even since I found the Chocolate Covered Katie blog (I know I've mentioned it on here like a million times but it's so good!) it's easier to fit it into my calories. I also eat very very slowly without any distractions. That way it takes less to fill me up. I always have the sweet stuff around because I have a sweet tooth no matter if I'm on my period or not. But I want salty when my cycle comes around. I make my own chips and eat lots of popcorn with seasoning salt. Mmmmm! In my opinion it's not about stopping yourself. It's about finding ways to fit it in. Healthier options, homemade recipes, portion control. The little things add up.

does chocolate covered katie give healthy chocolate recipes ?? i'll definitely have to check it out ...
    if you could see my diary for today i have eaten 1 chocolate pastry and 2 chocolate bars totalling 730 cals... eek!! i did work out extra hard today so i was able to still stay under for the day but i'm feeling really crappy for eating so poorly .... :sad: :sad:
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I have a major chocolate sweet tooth too. I've discovered that chocolate almond or soy milk satisfies me, or you could try adding chocolate soy or almond milk into a shake.

i will have to try that ... that might work for me :) thanks !!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Ok first off, IMO PB2 is pretty much the *kitten* of peanut butter..I imagine the chocolate PB2 to taste like chocolate *kitten*.

Now with that being said, GURL eat yo chocolate if it's what you crave. As long as you're under goal you'll be fine..but if you're really all freaked out about calories try sugar free chocolate pudding. I usually take a mini (not fun size) candy bar (like heath, snickers etc..) and crumble it up into the sugar free pudding and top it with a little sugar free whipped cream. It's not bad and pretty low cal.
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options

i've never heard of that ... where can i buy it ??
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Oh man do I understand!!! I switched to Quaker Chocolate mini rice cakes. Definitely a healthier, lower calorie snack and they are actually pretty good.

that's a good idea !! thanks !!

i was craving chocolate so bad yesterday and added it to my oatmeal with some sugar ... does that sound gross ?? i liked it though !! helped with my chocolate craving :laugh: :laugh:
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I have the same craving each month. This month I've found some lowish calorie chocolate milk that I can sip which really curbs my chocolate craving and takes a bit more time to drink than eating a chocolate (it's gone in 1 minute!)

Also, try chocolate covered strawberries - more chocolate bang for your buck! Just melt the chocolate, dip the strawberries in it, and freeze for about 20 minutes on a baking sheet :)

^^ this is making my mouth water !! will definitely try this tomorrow :) what kind of chocolate do you use ?? dark chocolate ??