• gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think this is like the most general girl problem out there... :huh:

i know ... but what's the solution ?!?
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Ok first off, IMO PB2 is pretty much the *kitten* of peanut butter..I imagine the chocolate PB2 to taste like chocolate *kitten*.

Now with that being said, GURL eat yo chocolate if it's what you crave. As long as you're under goal you'll be fine..but if you're really all freaked out about calories try sugar free chocolate pudding. I usually take a mini (not fun size) candy bar (like heath, snickers etc..) and crumble it up into the sugar free pudding and top it with a little sugar free whipped cream. It's not bad and pretty low cal.

you're really creative !! will def try this !! thanks :)
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Snickers, Twix, Reece's Pieces (NO CUPS), Kit Kat!!! My vices. I gave up Oreos and milk for all 3 of those (during that time). But what I have done now is get the bite size or "minis" in all of those, well 'cept the pieces of course. I only buy one each month in small quants to keep in the freezer. I'll eat 1 or 2 of the minis and about 10 of the pieces. On the 2nd or 3rd day when I really need it. But for the most part, it's all about willpower. I crave like everyone else. But this is what I do. Now if I can just do this with exercise lol. Willpower!!!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Your alone... always alone that is what everyone who posts one of these threads is alone.

Seriously though, when you want to eat sweets work it in, if you know that you want sweets more during your period plan for it. Work out extra, eat the sweets and move on.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm on the tail end of my period right now and this is the FIRST time I've EVER mananged to stay away from sweets/chocolate....I honestly don't even know how i've done it. Serioulsy I normally devour an entire package of oreos the day I start but this time I wouldn't let myself. I kept telling myself i had to drink 32 oz of water and wiat 20 mins before I gave in and by the time I did that I forgot all about it. I just kept doing that over and over again and it worked!! Not to say it will work next month but it worked this time and honestly..I feel like a badass for it!! :) Good luck, it's NOT easy!!!
  • lannasster
    lannasster Posts: 49
    Options
    I feel you! I used to feel bad about eating sweets, but I've learned to work it into my daily caloric intake. For me, I usually switch to post-workout chocolate protein bars during this time instead of protein shakes. This is a totally psychological thing for me, though. I just feel satisfied when I have solid food instead of liquid.

I also increase my coffee intake. I wouldn't recommend caffeine if you have bad cramps or headaches though. Drinking coffee always effectively kills my cravings (on and off my period) and adding in a tablespoon of sugar free vanilla creamer gives me the sweetness I usually crave.
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I'm on the tail end of my period right now and this is the FIRST time I've EVER mananged to stay away from sweets/chocolate....I honestly don't even know how i've done it. Serioulsy I normally devour an entire package of oreos the day I start but this time I wouldn't let myself. I kept telling myself i had to drink 32 oz of water and wiat 20 mins before I gave in and by the time I did that I forgot all about it. I just kept doing that over and over again and it worked!! Not to say it will work next month but it worked this time and honestly..I feel like a badass for it!! :) Good luck, it's NOT easy!!!

congrats girl !! maybe i'll try and drink some more water to keep me full ... it's not even about being full for me though ... i just crave chocolate, full or not :(
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    i know ... totally TMI guys ... you know how it is when Flo comes to town !!! Ick .....
  • Nexus902
    Nexus902 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I make my own chocolate haystacks its cocoa (Or if your like me 8oz real chocolate), cocoa nut, rolled oats, sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk. But in my family they usually go bye bye in a few days.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i either get my chocolate craving with greek yogurt with splenda and cocoa or I manage to fit into my macros and calories for the day a frappuchino...

I love that a light mocha frappuchino has less calories than a snickers... (obviously light and without cream..).

It's a good exchange for me!

Edit to add: Also, I found out that exercising kept the cravings away... This time, during ToM I had less cravings because I was busy at the gym, and that naturally kept me from being hungry... Saying that, I still had my frappuchino over the weekend..
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I majorly failed when it came to trying to use some kind of chocolate substitute. I tried using the chocolate pudding snack packs to satisfy my craving and ended up eating a entire 4 pack of the snack cups plus I still ended up going to the store to get some peanut butter cups. Now I just work them into my calories. Life is too short for fake chocolate.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I just work them into my calories. Life is too short for fake chocolate.

100% this
  • winniethepooh751
    winniethepooh751 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I really only crave salt on my cycle. That said, I actually have less of an appetite because I can't tell the difference between dull cramps and hunger on my cycle so I usually just curl up with my heating pad and go to sleep. I just started mine today though so we'll see if anything changes this time.
  • winniethepooh751
    winniethepooh751 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh and maybe you could have a Fudgesicle as your chocolate. They only have 70 calories and they'll be a nice cool treat.
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've heard there are some health benefits to dark chocolate? Plus there's less sugar in it so maybe try some of that!
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Oh and maybe you could have a Fudgesicle as your chocolate. They only have 70 calories and they'll be a nice cool treat.

i actually substituted cadbury ice cream bars (160cals) for fudgesicles ... go figure, the higher calorie one is better tasting lol
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    If chocolate cannot fit into my goals, to hell with those goals.

I'm losing weight to live a better life, and that life includes chocolate.
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    If chocolate cannot fit into my goals, to hell with those goals.

I'm losing weight to live a better life, and that life includes chocolate.

^^ love this !!

have you guys seen the Olympics commercial where the girl goes she hasn't eaten dessert in 3 years ??
    yikes, what a life !! i can only imagine how miserable i would be ...
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I used to feel bad about eating sweets, but I've learned to work it into my daily caloric intake. For me, I usually switch to post-workout chocolate protein bars during this time instead of protein shakes. This is a totally psychological thing for me, though. I just feel satisfied when I have solid food instead of liquid.

I also increase my coffee intake. I wouldn't recommend caffeine if you have bad cramps or headaches though. Drinking coffee always effectively kills my cravings (on and off my period) and adding in a tablespoon of sugar free vanilla creamer gives me the sweetness I usually crave.

Actually, caffeine is often prescribed for people with migraines. Not so much for headaches, but as a sufferer of chronic migraines, I take a caffeine pill that my neurologist prescribes me...it actually helps too. I don't drink coffee so he had to find another remedy. I only drink tea and only during the Winter/Spring months when it's cool I don't like iced tea. I'm weird though. lol. Good luck. Hope you find a way to satisfy this. I know it's hard.

Nika