NEED DIET HELP.

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm 18 and I'm on my 3rd week of Insanity. I'm 6'0 tall and weigh 196 pounds. I'm trying to cut body fat with the program and have been eating about 2500 calories a day. I've rarely went over and ive mostly been under. I've recently found out through the use of the Daily Calorie Intake calculator Insanity offers that my intake should be 3534 calories and to cut fat, subtract 500. So basically I should eat 3034 daily. I've been eating under my daily calorie intake by 1000 calories! I don't want my body to live in starvation mode if I want to cut fat. What should I do? Should I up it straight to 3000 tomorrow? Stay around 2500? Or slowly increase daily until I get back to 3000? I really have no idea what to do. Please help.

Replies

• mattywesmitchell
    Options
    Bump. Need help
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    OK, first how are you feeling both physically and hunger wise - everyone is different so if you feel good on your current calorie intake you might be fine - if you are hungry and tired all the time you probably need more calories. Are you meeting your goals? if yes don't worry about it - if no raise your calorie intake up and see if that helps. Also very important are your calories coming from the foods recommended in the fitness guide because it isn't just a goal of calories consumed it is a goal of nutritional value also.

Also are you logging into the Beachbody fitness web page and accessing your personal coach that is available for free when you purchase a beachbody program?

If you need more help please feel free to email me and add as a friend.
  • mattywesmitchell
    Options
    ShannonMK9, thanks so much for the reply!! Its been so hard just to get one! I've felt fine physically and haven't really had the hunger urge, though tonight I did but that was mainly because I was way under daily intake and only got about 2000. My biggest goal is to get to about 10% body fat. I started at 14.9% and have noticeably lost inches within the first 2 Weeks. So I guess I'm doing alright! as for the coach, I do not ave one. My friend bought the program off of Ebay and we have been working out together. Hopefully, this continues to work and I can eventually reach my goal. But one more question for you: If I were to start eating 3000 calories a day, how would this affect me? Would I put weight back on and would it make me struggle to cut fat since my body is getting used to around 2500? Thanks again.
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You most likely would not gain wright back, you might plateau but you might also see more fat lose and muscle definition as well. Something you could try it take it up to the higher calorie intake for a couple days and see what happens. There is actually a recommendation out there to bump your calorie intake up for a couple days and then drop it slowly back down and then bump it back up again to help break plateaus in weight burn.
    If you are interested in using the resources on the beachbody web page and wouldn't mind me as a coach I can send you the link for a free account, if you want the resources but would like to try the random coach assignment you can go to their beachbody page and create a free account - they have more on nutrition, with recipes for food and suggestions on how to meet goals. Also you would be able to more accurately get your answer about nutrition with Insanity - I will ask my coach about it - she just finished training as a nutritionist and has completed insanity - I only ever managed the first month.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    2500 calories sounds pretty high for your stats. Try 2000.
  • mattywesmitchell
    Options
    Ok, thanks so much!! ANY solution to my problem would be awesome