NO MORE CIGARETTES!!!

Scorpiomom222
Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
I ripped up my cigarettes and asked my husband not to buy me anymore cigarettes! I smoked my last one. I hope cold turkey will do the trick!

Replies

• lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Congratulations and good luck to you!!! I have been able to tackle this weight thing and the drinking thing but the cigs are still haunting me. Keep me posted on your progress please
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Good luck. I finally kicked the habit January 2009 but in a more gradual way did it over 12 weeks but have been "clean" since. Be aware that instead of a cigarette you may reach for food so have suitable things ready such as bowls of crudite.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Good for you! I quit cold turkey 2 1/2 years ago and I haven't had one since. I wish you the very best of luck. You'll be amazed at how much better you feel very soon!
  • That's how my father did it, but he said he still had cravings two years later, so don't let yourself get discouraged. Do what he did and remind yourself - constantly - of the important things in your life that make you want to live longer. For Dad, that thing was me! (Well, his kids, but I'm his first!) :laugh: Whatever your reason is, you're doing a great and brave thing. Stay focused! :bigsmile:
  • 21 weeks, 1 day, 5 hours, 26 minutes sense my last smoke!! I quit cold turkey!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I cant even stand the smell of them much anymore!!! I still have cravings but I cant even smoke them anymore the smell starts making me sick when I go around others that smoke!! Wanna here something Amazing I done this by my self in a house where my DH smokes!! Its all about will power!!!
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Good luck! I quit cold turkey in October 2008. Best decision of my life! I still get cravings, but when I gave in a few times, I took one puff and it tasted so disgusting I couldn't finish it. Now when I get cravings, I play solitare on my phone to take my mind off it. You can do it! You will be reaping the benifites of being smoke-free in no time!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Thanks, everybody! I'll keep y'all posted! I did have a pic of my broken cigarettes, but it wouldn't let me put them on.
  • fitgirl4life
    fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
    Great work, you can do it! I'm an ex-smoker, quit several years ago and I have absolutely NO cravings and can't even imagine having one stinky cigarette. You are on your way to true health now! :happy:
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Good job! You CAN do it. My Mom quit cold turkey after 40-ish years of smoking... So it IS possible!
  • You can do it... I quit in may of 2007. I went through a short program, and found out its basically a mental thing. If you really want to quit then you can, and to help with any cravings for one.. I worked out for an hour in the morning, and for an hour in the evening. It really help so , i didnt gain any weight, and my body looked better than ever. There is times, I feel like i want one..but i am so over them now, and i dont even like the smell of them.... so I know you can do it.. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!