Help me! Please be my friend :)

Options
bigbeff
bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
Hi all,

I'm back after weighing myself and nearly being heaviest I've been :( 139lbs (I'm 5'1") my target is to get to 121lbs but I need people to support me in my pledge. If you can offer me support, please add me. Advice and suggestions welcome!
Thanks -off for a run!

Replies

• tarynd1983
    Options
    Your new friend :) Good luck!
  • kathymorgan21
    Options
    Hi im a nevbie and 60lbs overwieght and need help
  • kikikates6996
    Options
    :smile:

Welcome!

Keeping a food diary is the best way to make yourself accountable for your new lifestyle. Try not to call it a diet, try to think of it as a lifestyle change that you will continue for the rest of your life as you are about to feel amazing!!

Tips:

1. Be honest with yourself and your food diary. Track EVERYTHING that you eat. If you go over your Calorie allowance, thats ok. Just try to make up for it the next day.

2. Set yourself a realistic timeframe to lose the weight. The slower you lose it the harder it will be to gain back if you do slip. Plus you wont get those nasty stretch marks or lose skin. Plus you can still have a life! You can still go out with friends for dinner without thinking, oh no my diet...

3. You can still have treats. This for me is so important coz I do have a sweet tooth. Its about finding alternatives though. Instead of a chocolate bar I will have some natural yoghurt and frozen berries! Or a mandarin. But you know what, sometimes you want a chocolate bar! AND THAT IS OK! Just have a mini bar or share one with a friend. Its all about portion control!

4. Find something you enjoy doing to get your exercise and movement up. Will boost your weight loss as well as get those endorphins rushing round your body! Do it with a friend or a partner, or if you cant, get some good music pumping in your ears to get your pumped up!

5. Dont set yourself unrealistic goals: ie, I will go to the gym 6 times a week. Im sure you have better things to do. Aim for 4 times, but if you can manage 3, you are doing ok... 4 will make a big difference, 3 will make it go a bit slower, but something is better than nothing!

I hope this helped :)
  • sizzy6
    sizzy6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • nickijo2003
    nickijo2003 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am new on here too :-) just busy adding lots of my recipes to the database to make it quicker each day. Good luck on your journey, I have the end in sight on mine 34.4lbs off so far just another 10 or so to go:-)
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just sent through a friend request. Feel free to add me.