Ramadan & Weighing in

Options
Sorry if someone has already asked this. I'm wondering when the fasting mfpers choose to do their weigh ins. Since I eat at about 9PM and 4AM for Ramadan, sometimes I weigh myself around 2PM, other times around 5, other times 8. Not sure which is the best time to do so.

Replies

• SimplySumayah
    Options
    Assalamu Alaikum,
    I weigh in as soon as I wake up (after using the toilet). So here in London we start fasting at 3:24ish and after Salah I'll go back to sleep. Let's say I wake up at 11 - that's when I'd weigh in. Yesterday I weighed in 3 times and I lost 0.7kg throughout the day. Due to using to urinating and excretion. Hope I helped x
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Lol! I think it is pointless for us to weigh in during Ramadan. I still get on the scale sometime around 2pm also just to see, but every day it is so different! We are so bloated half the time and out of energy the other half that from one day to the next I can see a 4 pound difference on the scale so I think the best time is in 2 weeks after Eid go back to weighing in first thing in the morning (after using the restroom) once a week on the same day.
  • ShrinkingMuslimah
    ShrinkingMuslimah Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    For me I step on the scale after my late morning nap, usually around 2pm. I'm on the west coast of Canada so our fasting is from about 3:30am - 9pmish
    I think as long as you are fairly consistent with the time it shouldn't matter too much insha Allah.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Lol! I think it is pointless for us to weigh in during Ramadan. I still get on the scale sometime around 2pm also just to see, but every day it is so different! We are so bloated half the time and out of energy the other half that from one day to the next I can see a 4 pound difference on the scale so I think the best time is in 2 weeks after Eid go back to weighing in first thing in the morning (after using the restroom) once a week on the same day.

I agree with this.My friends who celebrate Ramadan do the same
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my water intake as consistent (and as high) as possible between iftar and suhoor time to keep hydrated, then weigh as soon as I wake up (before I get very dehydrated) and try to keep my weighing time consistent (~11 AM)