Overeaters??

Options
Before I started my lifestyle change I was a major overeater. I would rationalize by the fact that I wouldn't eat but once or twice a day. Now I am spreading out my meals, but I often get hungry by bedtime and do not want to eat right before bed. Any suggestions or anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If I am still hungry at bedtime I will have a spoonful of peanut butter. This seems to help me not be starving when I wake up.
  • emilysparey
    Options
    i always get hungry before bed....what i do is drink a pint of water...you wont be hungry then
  • Jenellec77
    Options
    Having a cup of peppermint tea (no sugar) helps...btw..the tea is 0 calories.
  • cathypelissier
    cathypelissier Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth, use strong mouthwash, and that helps me. Or an apple or water might help. Honestly, I think when you get started it takes time for your body to get use to the amount you should have been eating all along. It is almost like your body needs to get re-set. It took a while, but I stopped being hungry at bed time after a month. If you are famished it is one thing, and you might want to save some calories for later in the day. But if it is a little hunger, then I think it is your body getting use to what your new 'norm' is.
  • freebirdsnsc
    freebirdsnsc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im one of the most guilty of over eaters whats working for me is eating 5 times a day
    and eating real food not diet bars and such

I simply dont get as hungry

I had to go through the sugar withdrawals and soda withdrawals but it was well worth it
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    On days where I workout after work I don't get hungry since I eat later. But when I am hungry before bed I tend to have tea. Or....I eat.

There are varying reviews on whether or not stopping eating after a certain time of the day actually does ANYTHING for weight loss. Sometimes I'll weigh up the next day simply because I haven't digest the food, but it's not actual weight gain.

Usually when I do cave in and eat, I try to keep it light. Like an apple. And I only do it if I have the calories for it.
  • Joscelle
    Options
    I have the same issue - I tend to eat later in the day. How about eating higher fiber and higher protein for dinner. Supposedly those keep you fuller longer. The Kashi Go Lean Cereal With Protein has worked for me (190-140 calories per cup) if I'm starving (even if I go over my calories, at least it's not all bad, KWIM?)
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    I have noticed for the first time in a looong time that i get reaally hungry both at the end of the day and if I eat, say, lunch a little earlier than usual!
    I have tried having a hot cup of tea with a dash of non fat milk and half a teaspoon of honey helps if I really feel my stomach grumbling before bedtime..its only a couple of calories, and its warming and helps me feel full:smile:
    I don't know if you like tea? i'm an aussie and I love my 'cuppa' whenever I can get it!:drinker:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry in the evening. Because of this I just save extra calories for later because I KNOW I'm going to want to eat. And sometimes I will go over my caloric goal because of that if I don't save any. Like others have posted it is debatable whether or not eating later in the evening actually has an effect on weight. I have read several articles on both views. I think what it comes down to is that everyone is different.