I don't want to be fat at 30! Late 20's plea! 30lbs to lose

Options
Hi there,
I've been using the mobile MFP for a while on a off (not really committing) but last night I was thinking about how I feel like I've spent the whole of my twenties (and teens!) on some sort of diet!

I lost 3 stone when I was 18 and have kept it off (I'm now 28) but I've got about 2 stone to lose to be a goal weight. I think the problem is that I'm quite happy with my body most of the time, I'm tall and carry my extra weight well. I'm only just in the overweight category and so I can be complacent .. BUT NOT ANY MORE!
The hot weather we've been having makes me conscious that I still don't have the body that I'd like, so this is the final push...I don't want to be fat at 30!

I had no idea there were forums on here until now! ... so if you'd like to be my friend then let's do it together!!!

Harri xx

Replies

• Ef1y
    Ef1y Posts: 3
    Options
    HI I m Effy, wish you luck with the right diet.
    With increasing age it's harder to loose weight (you probably know that) especialy for women, it's due to hormonal changes. But you are not there yet!:) So my only advice is to carefuly eat not too much not to little, a excersie ... just get used to certain lifestyle and you're saved:)
    Good luck
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm in nearly the exact same boat. 28years old, 5'10" and juuuuuust over the "healthy" BMI. Lost weight when I was 25, been able to keep most of it off, but gained some back. I want to get at the goal I never hit. I also don't want to be fat at 30. It seems like it would be harder to come back if that happens.
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    They need to make it where you can access the forums on your cell phone...just saying....wait....hold that thought. I would never get off of my cell phone then
  • Ennaelangels
    Ennaelangels Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Almost the same story here: I'm turning 30 next year... and feel like I want to be a healthy 30-something. At the moment I'm more overweight than you are, but due to keeping a nice hourglass figure and plenty of yoga it didn't really seem to matter. But the hot weather is killing me as well :)
  • emily27uk
    emily27uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat, need to loose this weight before I hit 30 and it becomes ever harder than it is now!!
  • iceprincess467
    Options
    Hi! I just wanted to let y'all know that it is possible to do!! When I was in my 20's, I tried so hard to lose weight. I would always get to a certain point and then plateau. Well I am now 32, 2 kids and am at the lowest weight I have ever been. (Well I am started to gain back but I caught myself and I also just got back from vacation) I was 31 when I lost 30lbs. I ran and used MFP. Good luck ladies but just always remember you are beautiful no matter what your weight is ;)
  • crunnerwv
    crunnerwv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also lost weight in my early 20s (around 40 pds). I've been around 135, except when pregnant, for around 10 yrs. I'm 5'2, so I'd really like to lose around 10 more pds. I usually eat pretty healthy during the week, but can fall off the wagon on the weekends. I've decided to get serious though. I want to look better in my 30s and beyond than ever before! Good luck and feel free to add me. :smile:
  • pinkbananashoes
    Options
    Thanks for your motivational messages guys. I had no idea there was such a great community on here! I feel much more confident I can do it now! x