Guys & Gals - Asking you to please be honest :)

Options
2»

Replies

• islanddreamer
    Options
    I think you look wonderful as you are now . I really don't know why you would want to lose more.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    you look great as far as i can tell. but you are the judge of how you feel and what you think you wanna go to. if you want to get more thinner and leaner then yes set the goal to what you think will be a good reasonable goal. but you are doing great. im wooting for whatever decision you make.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Thanks :flowerforyou: I'm not there yet I'm basing this on the BMI as shown here on MFP don't think my frame would suit the lowest so kinda trying to shoot somewhere down the middle :wink:

Your BMI is: 25.5
    Target weight range: 118.1 - 159.6 lbs

It's been many years since I was Ire/UK size 12 which I have now reached after a lot of months with ups and downs but since I got here without too much pain I am thinking maybe I'll try for size 10 but again it all depends if I can carry it :blushing:

I actually found an old pair of size 10's that I kept for when I got the old figure back but it might be too thin for me now :blushing: I don't want to be too thin and look sickly :noway:
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    You look Great! I think maybe its about time to start on your toning up now and yes it will make you Gain weight at first just remember you are gaining Muscle and it weighs more then fat!! Once your body gets more used to the weight training you will loose more fat and it will be replaced with lean muscle mass!!! I only say this because its easier to make fat in to muscle than it is to loose it all and then tone up!! You do look great and if you wanna continue after you get to your goal then by all means do it but 10lbs can make alot of difference!!!!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    off topic but ... is that a george forman grill on the counter :tongue:

the outfit change does make a diffrence. you look good, now smile next time or I will mock something else in your kitchen.:laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    OK I am now 13lbs away from my own final goal BUT even tho I'm now wearing way smaller sizes :bigsmile: I'm beginning to think maybe I should adjust the goal a wee bit lower :blushing:

My stats ... I'm 5'7" and currently 163lbs I have a goal of 150lbs (it's been a LONG time since I was that :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: )

So I'm being brave now :noway: and posting a piccie taken today (albeit taken by someone who is nervous with digicams not the best pic lol aka my dad :laugh: )and asking you if you wouldn't mind to be BRUTALLY honest with me ... Please don't hold back I CAN take it :laugh: :flowerforyou:

I will say I still want to tone up a wee bit more and once my swimming gear arrives will be hitting the pool 2 hopefully 3 times per week :bigsmile: (only learned on my recent hol so don't want to lose that)

OK ... here goes the dreaded piccie lol :wink: :laugh:

09092010001.jpg

Thanks so much guys appreciate any replies :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
    Well I can see your photo and you look great! You look to about a medium frame, so you're about midway in your weight range which is a good place to be. I agree toning up and sticking to around 150-ish if you feel comfy sounds about right for 5'7. I'm 5'9 and I think I need to chill on the weigh loss and work on more toning (as I'm closing in on 150 myself)... droppin the lbs lower than I planned..toning can make all the difference in the world!:flowerforyou: If we keeping dropping lbs. we won't look more toned, just skinnier, I don't wanna be skinny, I wanna look healthy and toned:drinker: :wink:

Good luck to you, not sure what your before photos were like but you look terrific now, the clothing layers make it a big tougher to see but from this photo I think you've done great. :)

Becca

Oh! I like the 2nd pic too, it shows more of you, great photo :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I think you look healthy and great the way you are. If you feel like you could tone up some more, then go for it. There could be "stuff" hiding under your clothes we can't see so you'd have to be the judge of that.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous ,I detest having my pic taken ,I seem to be unable to smile if theres a camera in a 100 yard range lol
    I noticed the lovely pink heart bowl ,now I see 2 lol
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I am also 5'7" and when I started losing weight my GW was 150lbs. When I hit 150 I still wasn't happy with my shape (legs and stomach, mostly) and felt like I needed a little more toning... It really has everything to do with your personal shape. Some women look amazing and very healthy at 150lbs, others (like me) still look overweight (even though I'm active and healthy, grrr). How and where you carry your weight makes all the difference.

For the record, though, I think you look FAB in those pics and you have a gorgeous feminine shape. You look very lean to me and you haven't even reached your goal! Wait until you hit 150 and see how you feel :) Best of luck meeting your goals!
  • AlexTCasas
    Options
    It seems you managed to grab everybody attention...well here I go again. As said, you definitely look great now and at 150 and some weight training you will be absolutely amazing (as someone pointed out..). I have to say that this 10 extra pounds are the hardest...because you will also need to eat accordingly (more protein, less fat, less simple carbs..). Is the extra effort worth it? I cannot make that call for you, but it happens to me that as I work towards a lower body fat %, I feel much more energetic and my body feels clean...and on top, I keep looking better and better....
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my goal is 150 also. You look great as you are, though. It just depends on how you feel!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you look lovely right now. 150 is probably low enough. At the very least I would keep it my goal for now and take awhile to get used to it. Here's the reason I say that.

Many years ago I lost over 50 lbs (which is all I needed to lose at the time). I am 5 1 1/2 (at my height the 1/2 is important!), so I set my goal at 110--which was 10 pounds lower than the goal Weight Watchers wanted to give me (120). I eventually got down to 102.

Our perceptions of our physical size are typically wrong. I thought I looked great at 110 or lower and refused any suggestion that I was too thin. I kept the weight off for a year before I got pregnant with my son. My doctor wanted me to gain 35 pounds, but I couldn't imagine gaining over 25, so I religiously watched my weight gain and gained precisely 24.5 pounds by the time my son was born 3 days before his due date. I only lost 10 pounds of the baby weight in the first month or two, so I went back to Weight Watchers and struggled and struggled to lose the rest (even though I was breast feeding). I wound up unable to get below 120. So I threw in the towel, and now here I am trying to lose over 100 pounds.

My point is this: I was underweight at 102. Even at 110. When I look back at those pictures now, I don't really look good. I look boney. But I couldn't see it then, because my brain was still fat. Now I have set my goal higher--130. Perhaps I will decide to go down to 120 once I get there, but I will never again try to go to 110 or less. It was not possible to maintain it long-term, it really WAS too thin, and it was demoralizing to try to maintain an unrealistic weight.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My comments were going to be that the pose you had in the first one and wearing black hid your shape so I couldn't even tell what the bod looked like. Tonning is alway's good and posture (you hold yourself well) Now if you want a better assesment put on a bikini then we can talk some more :wink:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Now if you want a better assesment put on a bikini then we can talk some more :wink:

hey now you cannot go around suggesting people put up bikini photos..., but may I suggest a a gold bikini and your hair curled in buns at the side of your head and ... :laugh:
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    Now if you want a better assesment put on a bikini then we can talk some more :wink:

hey now you cannot go around suggesting people put up bikini photos..., but may I suggest a a gold bikini and your hair curled in buns at the side of your head and ... :laugh:

I sense, from that last comment and your avatar you may be a fan of a certain series of movies. :D Me too.

Anyway.

To the lady in question. You look fabulous, size 12 is pretty small really, lots of people aim for a size 10 but I don't see why in most cases as we all have our own body shapes, I agree with you that losing too much more would start moving things towards too stick thin, but definitely get to your target and then see how you feel.

You're great the way you are and well done for all the hard work!