new member-nite worker, help

Options
i work nites- 11pm-7am, eat quick meals on breaks, then eat everything in site when i go home, then bed. weight piling on, can't seem to loose any when i'm good

Replies

• scentsykristen
    Options
    That is a challenge. Do you have the opportunity to refrigerate snacks/meals at work. It seems like that would be a big help if you could plan your meals and snacks.

You said you can't seem to loose when you are "good". What have you tried? Is it a matter of not seeing results in spite of truly eating healthy and exercising, or is it more of what seems to be my problem - getting tired of the diet and eating unhealthy or too much food?
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Treat your nights as if was daytime. keep a normaly eating schedule. breakfast bis before you go, lunch is the middle of nith and supper when you get home. don't forget a couple of light snacks between meals.

If you don't graze during your work, you will be starving when you get home, which causes you to over eat.
  • bmq98
    bmq98 Posts: 78
    Options
    I worked nights a long long time ago windyrose. I agree with Amarillo, eat as if you're on a regular day schedule. I used to go straight to the gym right after work, which was great because it was usually less crowded and I got through my workout within an hour. You could also work out at home, using some work out dvds. One trick I use to do was put the dvd in and let it play -- that usually motivated me to rewind and get my workout in. Nice thing about working out at home, you don't have to worry about what you're wearing :-)

Good luck!
    Yours in the quest,
    bmq98