PBII powder

Options
aimeealee
aimeealee Posts: 36 Member
Looking into trying the PBII powder. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth it?

Replies

• phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the powdered Peanut Butter? Yup. I like it. I don't really use it on bread. My favorite use is putting it on my nightly (low fat low sugar) ice cream. Makes a yummy peanut butter ice cream cup. I also put some in Smoothies occasionally.
  • mmstone13
    mmstone13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Really love PB2!!! The chocolate one is really good as well. I like to dip celery in either....a very health and low fat snack. Have also made peanut chicken lettuce wraps with it. Would love to try other things as well. Highly recommend it!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i mix it into protein shakes and oatmeal
  • kayjaycee9
    kayjaycee9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love it also. Apple and PB2 every day - I haven't used regular peanut butter since I started MFP. There is also a recipe for a frozen treat using PB2. It consists of cool whip, PB2 and a little bit of chocolate fat free syrup. Easy and yummy.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I love it also. Apple and PB2 every day - I haven't used regular peanut butter since I started MFP. There is also a recipe for a frozen treat using PB2. It consists of cool whip, PB2 and a little bit of chocolate fat free syrup. Easy and yummy.

I JUST made this this morning and put it in the freezer for later. Love it. 1 tub fat free or lite cool whip, 24g (2 tbsp) PB2, 3 Tbsp water. Mix the PB2 and water, then mix into the cool whip. Line a muffin pan with papers, fill the papers, freeze. I skip the chocolate syrup (my family puts Magic Shell on the ones they eat) - man are they good!
  • bren102257
    Options
    Wow just tried it for the first time this morning, my step daughter picked it up yesterday. I had it on some toast and it tasted like peanut butter/ nutella toast. I can't wait to try new yummy recipes with it.
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like it alone. I'm pretty serious about pb, and I'd rather eat natural if I'm having it with fruit, etc.

In protein shakes,smoothies, oatmeal, baking, etc.--I love it! Nice way to get the flavor without the cals/fat.
  • mbucchieri
    mbucchieri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, it's actually pretty good!!
  • SunnySouth2013
    SunnySouth2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I JUST made this this morning and put it in the freezer for later. Love it. 1 tub fat free or lite cool whip, 24g (2 tbsp) PB2, 3 Tbsp water. Mix the PB2 and water, then mix into the cool whip. Line a muffin pan with papers, fill the papers, freeze. I skip the chocolate syrup (my family puts Magic Shell on the ones they eat) - man are they good!

QUESTION: Do you mean 24g or 2 tbsp?
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    It is a fabulous addition to smoothies, and I occasionally make a PBJ with it. :)
  • ekfulton
    ekfulton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There is one with chocolate that is really good on a low cal English muffin. I also add to protein shakes since it is high in protein and low in fat.
  • aimeealee
    aimeealee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for PB3 to be released
  • kayjaycee9
    kayjaycee9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Magic Shell is a great idea!
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    its good but NOT as good as the real thing lol
  • queenmolly68
    Options
    It's amazing in smoothies, but terrible as a substitute for peanut butter on anything else. Don't even bother trying to put it on bread, yuck.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for PB3 to be released

This im over PB2
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    love it as well, but for most uses I replaced it with peanut flour, which is in fact exactly the same thing minus salt but a quarter of the price (different brands will get you different flavors)
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    also dont mix natural stuff with lite cool whip or regular, it's full of sh**
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    PB2 is great. It's portable, easy to store, easy to mix, goes great in smoothies or other recipes.

You can make some decent protein bars with it and some chocolate protein powder and such also.