Down 68lbs, Now WHAT

Options
I started at 260lbs in Jan2013 and now I'm at 192. I want to stop losing weight and focus on toning. I'm a 1200 daily calorie intake and I'm scared of upping my calories to 2500-2700( what is recommend by myfitnesspal) because I don't know if it is going to make gain weight. I need some advice on if that is too many calories. Just any advice right now will help.

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    2500-2700, really. That seems incredibly high, mine's set for 2090 and that's to maintain. I am only 5'8ish so maybe you're super tall. You already doing weights and continuing with exercise ?
  • KeraNique
    KeraNique Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing. I'm not tall by anyone standard so I might have to change some numbers around to get more accurate info
  • funms28
    funms28 Posts: 9
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. You should adjust the numbers and not do that high initially. Also focus on strength training and less cardio with most of your calories coming from lean meat. All the best
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    start by settign MFP to lose 0.5lbs, then after 3 or 4 weeks, set it to maintenance, and enjoy that you can eat more yummy food!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the above to a degree(Funms), personally I'd keep the cardio going at a similar level to what you're currently doing as that'll help your body cope with the increase in calories. As you lose the fat layers the weights would then kick in to show some definition.

I'd expect your calories to be nearer 1500-1800 personally, but as stated do it gradually. Lean meat is an awesome shout though.

However this is obviously my own opinion right or wrong. If you're that stuck maybe see someone at your local gym have a free induction/trial and see what they suggest.
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Most women here who want to start toning and stop (or reduce) losing weight eat around 1600-1800 with daily or at least 5 times a week exercise, which is a lot of strength exercise rather than cardio (usually a combination).

Some say they ate close to 2000, others claim they did all that and only ate 1200. I guess the number EdTheGinge has given you is a good start. I upped my calories as well since the 1200 are simply unsustainable for me with daily cardio and lifting.
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For 192lbs, you are definitely NOT eating enough calories. You should be around 1600-1900 daily in order to be healthy and depending on your exercise. Otherwise your body will starve and you'll feel weak from lack of nutrients and food. Your body "needs" fuel...

1200 calories a day is the lightest calorie intake one could have and that only applied to the skinny mini's. Average and healthy and curvy women need more. I am eating anywhere from 1400- 2000 calories daily depending on my work schedule and my exercise. Give yourself some leeway, just look for healthy "balanced" meals.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    keep cutting.. your not ready to start building muscle and toning.. your bodyfat % is still too high to see the effects of toning on a bulk
  • iam_soHARLEM
    iam_soHARLEM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    do insanity ... still eat the same.. you will get ripped...