Pilates

Options
I'm not very familiar with Pilates and was thinking about giving it a try. Any thoughts? Pros or cons? Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! :smile:

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I do some easy, beginner Pilates videos. They are great for stretching my back and working the core. I have Caribbean workout dvds with Shelly McDonald and Jen Tilly. They are available on Amazon. I mostly use them on my "off" days or on days that I am tired or sore., as they don't burn a lot of calories.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I love pilates!

I have a 10 minute solutions, pilates for beginners with Lara Hudson that is really good. Her other DVD's are extremely challenging but this one, is truly for beginners, and it really works on building core strength and give a modified form for stuff that's really hard to do in her other dvd's.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love Pilates. I just started Pilates reformer sessions at a studio about a month ago. It's a workout, but some how relaxing at the same time. It's strange. I've already started seeing improvement in flexibility and strength.

I haven't done and map or DVD workouts. Can't help there.
  • karebearandken
    karebearandken Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think Lara Hudson is the DVD I picked up! :happy:
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love pilates. I always feel taller after a pilates session, probably because it does so much to improve my posture.

I started off years ago with one of Mari Winsor's DVDs and got hooked. Her DVDs are pretty good if you're looking to purchase something. If you want to give pilates a try without having to pay anything, I recommend checking out blogilates.com.
  • Ano7
    Ano7 Posts: 2
    Options
    Pilates is funn ! Ive been developing muscles and though feeling sore after each workout, I always feel good.

Try Cassey Ho on Youtube. Shes energetic and so cheerful and she always inspire me in living a healthy life.