Hi Everyone,

Options
:tongue:

I'm a 46 year old graphic designer in Denver, Colorado.

Nearly ten years ago, I was diagnosed with diabetes. It's an understatement to say the least that that realization has changed my life. Fortunately, I've endeavored to change my habits in those years to live a healthier lifestyle. Two years ago I began working out and I was doing great with loosing weight and for a year and a half I lost over 60 pounds, but was derailed by some issues I was having at the time. At the beginning of this year, I jumped back on the fitness wagon and so far it's been a challenge to lose weight! I workout five days a week and I eat pretty healthy for the most part (I do cheat now and then). I know that the scale is not a complete measure for weight loss so I've been using my clothes as a guage. I don't appear to be losing weight because I'm wearing the same clothes that I did when I started. I sought the help of a trainer early on and I just don't think it's working in regards to shedding the pounds. In addition, I've been so tired throughout this process. My trainer says that nutrition plays a huge role in weight loss, so I'm going to use MyFitnessPal and seek the help of a nutritionist to see if that will help me learn better nutritional habits and to be more accountable.

Replies

• scentsykristen
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

My sister started eating a nutritarian diet. It is basically vegan, but with exceptions. Basically every calorie you eat should be backed by really solid nutritional value. So mostly she eats plant based foods. She started because of some test results and borderline diabetes. Within 2 months her test results were amazing.

If you are interested in learning more about that, the book she used and plan she followed (with her own modifications) was "Eat To Live", by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.

This is the plan I am trying - but I will include a bit more lean meats and dairy than she does.

Good luck!
  • MAXER_FENIX
    Options
    Thanks Kristen for the advice I will definitely give it a look see!