Woman 5'5" and roughly 190 (like me) HELP! :)

Options
ok so I am 36 years old, female, stand 5'5" and I weigh 190 lbs as of this past Monday. I would love to hear from, see pics if possible of your weight loss and hopefully we can be friends :) I really need ideas on what to eat so if your diary is open that would be awesome!! I think if I see other woman like myself (weight/frame,etc) then it helps me gain confidence knowing others have done it. Thanks ladies! :)
~Liz

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am 38 - started fully this journey in January. As you see in my ticker...weight loss is happening. I use the TDEE-% currently and have about 1520 - 1560 goal for calories daily. I do not eat back my work outs. I lose anywhere from .4 to 2.5 lbs per week averaging about 6/7 per month as well as some inches :) I also zig zag my calories a little bit.

I use DVD's as my work out source currently. Zumba and Hip Hop Abs. Later this year I will try Jillian Michaels again but I really dis like her lol

Feel free to check my diary or friend request if you would like :)

In my pictures I have a progress pic - I think it is Feb to June in that one. I need to update for Feb to July soon!

Welcome and enjoy the Journey!!

BTW - started logging using TDEE in April starting weight 201 now down to 177. The 41 lbs loss counts back to January.
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" tall, 40 yrs old. Started losing weight in late February, starting wt of 207. am 183 now, so not far below where you are. Feel free to add me as a friend. Not sure what my settings are, but you are welcome to look at my diary. I eat 1500 calories a day, exercise 3 x a week at Curves for 30 min each. Lose about a pound or so a week. I do eat back most of my exercise calories and splurge one day a week (going over 2000 calories) I don't know how to add pics here,:cry: but may try to put some on my page. All I have is a face shot. Got about 30 more pounds to lose. Am in this for the long haul and would love to have a buddy to talk with. Am on here daily logging my food and checking out the message boards.:laugh:

-Wendie :drinker:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Hi..I do not have pics right now(apart from my profile pic- i must have been around 158 pounds here). I am 5'5 and currently 152 lbs. At my highest , i weighed 173 pounds and i had gained all this weight post partum(not during pregnancy :D).
    My goal right now is 135 lbs. I have always been around 145 lbs(through college and early 20's before my pregnancy) and felt bit chubby around that weight. Once i reach my goal weight, i am planning to start with weights, as i have some joint issues and do not want to aggrevate them before i reach my goal !!
    Good luck to us on your journey :)
  • susieque25
    susieque25 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 57 and have been on a diet for 12 days. I have lost 5 lbs., starting at 189.5, 5'5". Because of my age, I have to restrict calories to 1200, but I gain a couple hundred every day with exercise. Recording the food and exercise is a major reality check for me, and that helps motivate me.
    I have set a goal of 170 by mid Oct., then I will set another goal. :happy:
    I hope to hear from you again. Susan in LV.
  • thinlizzy608
    Options
    So nice to meet everyone and thank you for the add :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6' age 35, and currently 154lbs down from 220. I wear a UK size 10/12' so US 6/8.

I've got current photos in my profile pics, some from last year actually, but none from when I was at my biggest.

My diary is open. Feel free to add me.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Here's mine....from 220lbs in July 2011 (7 weeks after having my 2nd child) to 154lbs. I'm 35 and 5'6.

Two horrible pics, post baby...
    100_2010.jpg
    how to do a screenshot on a pc

worst_pic.jpg
    image share

Now...

SAM_2711.jpg
    photo sharing

SAM_2987.jpg
    image hosting site no sign up

SAM_2977.jpg
    free image hosting

I still need to majorly tone up my belly and thighs (more loose skin than fat I think) and lose about 10lbs.

Pics - copied from another thread
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and started at 218 at the age of 41. I lost 66 pounds in 9 months then fell off the wagon. My ticker is reset and I am back at it. My profile pic shows me at a size 18 at 218 pounds and then in a size 10 at 152 pounds. Currently around 170 and between size 10 and 12. I try to eat lean proteins and make sure that the bulk of my carbs come from fruits and veggies, limiting rice, pasta, and bread. I eat those things, but in moderation.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do it. I don't know how to post pictures here, still need to figure that out. My diary is open though. Feel free to add me.

When I started this journey last summer I weighed 196 lbs, so I know how that feels. If I walked for exercise, like a 30 min. walk, that night I would wake up about 4 am with my hip joints just aching. My feet would hurt a lot. And naturally my self-esteem was not happy, especially when I caught a glimpse in a mirror, which I avoided.

So last summer I started by swimming. I didn't watch what I ate AT ALL, and didn't lose any weight. Then I found MFP in September 2012 and started logging. I've fallen off the wagon a few times but always jump back on. I'm 49 lbs down with some to go. The loss is definitely harder as you have less to lose, so be prepared for that.

But the gains are enormous. At 147 I can wear regular clothes from any store, my pants are mostly size 12s and a few size 10s of brands that run large. My joints no longer hurt me. Exercise is a regular part of my life.

My original thought was to be at my goal weight by my 62nd birthday in August. I won't make that goal, but it's all right. I'm on the way.

My dieting philosophy is this: Every calorie should be delicious. Every calorie burned should be pleasurable.

Good luck! Log every mouthful.
  • sarah5893
    sarah5893 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm 5ft 6 and around 150lbs but I used to weigh nearly 200!
    I eat around 1500 cals a day and eat back exercise cals, weight loss is averaging around 1lb a week now, sometimes more sometimes less but it started off at 2lbs a week when i wasn't eat back exercise cals :)
    I agree with the suggestion to zig zag calories!
    feel free to add me if you have any questions or just generally want support :)
  • FatKid_13
    FatKid_13 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5" and weigh about 180, so I'm pretty much in the same boat. Before I found MFP, I was about 205-210, but I started lifting weights (nothing major, just a little bit here and there) and really started to see a difference. I had gotten down to 165, but then slacked off and started eating like crap, so I came back to MFP and Fitocracy. I am currently back at 180-ish, but my clothes fit differently since I have more muscle than I did when I was previously at this weight. Feel free to view my food journals, but know that I have customized my daily goals to greatly increase my protein intake since I do have some weight training going on. If you would like to see my workouts, I log them on Fitocracy and my user name is FatKid https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/FatKid
  • b646
    b646 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • baisha2875
    baisha2875 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 37. Started in January, 2013. Starting weight 156 now down to 136. Lost almost 20 pound, still want to lose more 8 pounds. I did walking and start to count my calories. Keep going! It's really hard to lose weight, but it's every day joy to see your new body on the mirror.
  • cclarkcts
    cclarkcts Posts: 97
    Options
    Hi, I am 34 and 5'3.. Before MPF I was 232 and am 188 as of today. Feel free to add me, my diary is open to friends. Good luck and have a great day!
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hey, Liz.

I'm 5' 6" or so, and I started in November at 225. The first couple of months I lost weight through diet only, then I joined a gym in January. I'm a few years older than you (41), but close enough. :wink:

Generally, I just go with the MFP calorie recommendation for me, though I do have a tendency to leave the "old" number for a while when MFP wants to recompute it. I eat back some of my workout calories. But if it gets to be evening time and I have calories left, but I'm not hungry, then I just leave them on the table. So my net tends to be up and down. My diary is open only to friends, but if you're looking for more friends, then go ahead and send me a request.

This is the progress pic I put together in May when I hit my halfway goal. I'm down another 20 pounds from that.

ProgressMay102013_zpsc03f1504.jpg
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 29, 5'4" and started out at 195 as my heaviest and started MFP at 190. I'm 173.4 as of today. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
    ETA - I do New Rules of Lifting for Women, I'm just finishing stage 1. Also I'm an hourglass frame, but pretty athletic build. I'll never be tiny and I'm okay with that :)
    current measurements are:
    Chest: 42"
    Waist: 31.5"
    Hips: 42"
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My dieting philosophy is this: Every calorie should be delicious. Every calorie burned should be pleasurable.

Good luck! Log every mouthful.
    That's a great way of thinking - I do my best to live this way too, but you put it so succinctly.
  • mamato4boys1girl
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started out at 217lbs after baby #5. I am currently 173lbs after 4 months for really working hard. I've been doing dvds at home since I have 5 kids and a deployed husband at the moment. I did Beachbody programs "Slim in 6" and "Les Mills Combat". I've lost over 27 inches and currently 44lbs but have at the very least 27lbs to go to get me to a loss of 70lbs overall and put me back to where I was pre baby #1 (who is 12 years old now)!

[as soon as I can remember how to add pictures I will post mine so far]
  • jackieleannebowman
    jackieleannebowman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz, I can't totally relate to you! I am 5.5, and started out at 189 (post baby), and started MFP at 176. I lost 28 lbs in 4 months, and although that number hasn't moved in a while I am still going down in dress sizes (started at size 12/14 and now am a 4/6!!)

I think my diary is open, you're open to check it out or add me as a friend. I am working on my before/after photos but don't have anything to post right now.

And I know this doesn't make sense, but it is hard work - yet easier than you think!
    Good luck!!
    Jackie
  • 1wskygrl
    1wskygrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", and currently back up to 154. My highest was 175lbs after 2 kids and eating whatever I wanted and basically, just letting myself go. Last fall, I got down to 139, then had some knee issues with a few rounds of steroids and not able to work out.. so, here I am 6 months later, and up a few again. I jumped back on the bandwagon this past week full force. Sorry, no pics of me on here yet...

I take in about 1200 cals, cardio a few times a week with strength training. From my initial log in last week, I'm down 3 lbs. I eat most of my calories from vegetables. I'm not vegan, but I'm not a meat eater either. I will eat chicken and fish, but all other protein is from other sources. I eat 5-7 x a day, the more you snack on veggies, the more you will help increase your metabolism, and help lean down. I'm not sure if my diary is set to be viewed, but feel free. If its not, then let me know, and I'll change it.
    You CAN do this!

As added motivation for myself, I read TONS of nutrition and health mags. (Surround yourself with healthy reading, goals and motivation!!) Oxygen, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Fitness are my faves. They all also have a lot of info on their websites, including workouts and recipes!!
    Jen
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!