MAKING A NEW ME

Options
HELLO EVERYONE

COULD USE SOME ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
I AM A LAP BAND PERSON AND HAVE HAD ALOT OF UPS AND ALOT OF UPS NOTICE I DIDNT MENTION TO MANY DOWNS

SO HELP IS YOU CAN

Replies

• baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    support is hear. Feel free to add me and we can help each other. I've been dieting for a while, but back and forth for a while trying to lose those last 20 pounds. I am finally back on track.

MFP is a great motivation and is helping me along.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP you'll find lots of support here
  • scentsykristen
    Options
    Well, you are not alone. I also had the lapband and struggled with getting the right restriction. I finally had almost all the fluid taken out (due to choking on my saliva, etc). I only notice restriction in the early morning now, but it's not much.

I get the frustration that goes with that, and I'm glad we both found this community. I just signed up today. I also saw your post about losing 30 lbs by Christmas - Let's Do It! I am totally excited about that goal!

Are you exercising? I need to start that. I think I am going to do the P90X program. I have it but haven't started it yet. I think that will help alot too.

I'm glad you are here!
  • wynnpooh49
    Options
    Hey thanks for sending back a note. I know what you mean about getting choked !! I still have some fluid in my band not much but I still have problems with getting choked as in having to vomit sorry to be graffic. But I'm going to try my best to stick it out. I have had my gallbladder removed just about 2 wks ago so this is my new start point.

Wish me luck going to start new and talking with my diet consultant for food help .But from what I see on this site the mfp is going to be a real help for me and my diet consultant and I can look at this and figure out what I'm doing wrong and then I can correct things.

As for excerize I dont do much just got a bike I'm going to start riding as soon as I get healed up.

Thanks for the encouragement!!
  • scentsykristen
    Options
    I laughed when you said sorry about being graphic.

Heck, for about 4 months I was a total bulemic. I was vomitting with every single thing I ate, because i was too stubborn to get any of the fill removed. I lost a lot of weight in that time but felt like total crap! I finally got to the point that I realized I'd rather be overweight than vomiting with every bite, and sleeping sitting up so I wouldn't choke on my saliva.

I'm sending you a friend request. I think we can really relate. :)
  • wynnpooh49
    Options
    thanks for the post and the new friend we can all use support!!!! sounds like you had a hard time in the begining with the fluid in your band. me i have been tight but vomitted and still didnt loss the weight so here i am 3 yrs later still not much on the way of wt loss but im working on it now. except we had pizza this evening that really was the only protein i had today. wrong kind but will start again tomorrow is always a new day. well thanks again for sending me back a e mail.have a good weekend.